Edibles Vs Smoking?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jennifer19, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I'm starting to like edibles even more my caregiver makes these lemon suckers all you need is a quarter very small piece it takes less then 45 mins to kick in nice mellow high way better then a anxiety pill and I don't even need too smoke just nice and chilled its great at night helps me go too sleep not thinking about a million things before I try and fall asleep. what do you prefer? not saying I don't like smoking a nice Jay once in a blue moon

1 person likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I find at a full dose to dose, with edibles I have to treat the experience basically like a psychedelic trip. With smoking, the vast majority of the time the high retains a quality of leisure which I find more practical and chill.

Obviously you can get really baked with a heavy duty bong or lower an edible dosage to make the effects less extreme but generally I prefer smoking.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Eating THC creates a different chemical in the body than smoking it. The edibles are more psychedelic especially in large doses. It's the reason so many people have trouble with them. They don't feel anything right away like smoking so they eat more. Then it kicks in and it's too late. But personally I love edibles but still smoke most of the time.

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Smoking is faster, eating tends to make me throw up.

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

In July, I believe (it might have been June)... I got approved for my medical marijuana card, so I'm still working through trying everything that is in my local dispensary. In other words, as a noob... I have no idea what I prefer. I know one thing for sure is I don't want to get really high. A girl at the dispensary described it perfectly, there is the type of high that you want to lay on the couch and then there is the type of high in which you feel like you become the couch. I don't want neither. I just want the pain to stop and I want to be functional. So, I'm touching base on indica more so than sativa. I do have a fudge brownie, but I'm still working on eating that. It's okay. Meh. I did try a disposable vape pen, and that was awesome. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to try everything, I would repurchase.

This is kind of unrated, but I have my card, right? However, I was reading where I can smoke in public, and pretty much I can't smoke anywhere. So, I'm not really sure what the point of my card is, besides allowing me to go to a dispensary, instead of trying to find a dealer. Which is a huge, great thing. But, not getting harassed by cops, or arrested is much better. I don't even think I can smoke in a car. I definately know I can't smoke in a car if I'm in a parking lot. I guess edibles would be good in this situation. Maybe tinctures. I've so been wanting to try that.

I don't know. I'm still trying to work all of this out.

6. ButchRed33

ButchRed33 Members

I have yet to try edibles, I think a longer buzz would be great if you've got the free time.
    Seeing it's more psychedelic, now I really want to try it.

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've made plenty of my own edibles and tried some of the ones at the dispensaries here in Oregon. I've never noticed anything psychedelic from it, the high seems the same whether you eat it or smoke it. With edibles the high creeps up on you slowly giving you time to adjust to it and making it more mellow. I also like smoking and eating it together, that way when you're coming down off the pot you just smoked you're getting off on what you ate. You can stay high half a day that way.