Dubstep Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'COOL Music' started by Pushpop, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hm that's funny. Only times I was able to enjoy dubstep was ion a dancefloor with a good dj spinning it.
    I really dislike listening to it in general. Of course there may be a couple of tunes that are alright but yeah, the dubstep genre is mainly not spend well on me. I generally am able to enjoy any kind of music on a dancefloor when there's a capable dj spinning though.
    I took some time checking this dubstep thing out as well, since I thought it was related to dub which I really am into. But where dub has delicious groovy ongoing rhythm and basslines (which some people find monotonous and boring) dubstep really differs from that.

2. Interactivemonodrama

Interactivemonodrama Member

3. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

i love it, but only if it is filthy dirty filthy filthy... infact, the filthier and dirtier, the better, ok?

4. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYlg2qlzb68"]Quietus-Meat Beat Manifesto-Answers Come in Dreams - YouTube

But, asking about this music here is like asking about gangsta rap in a classical music forum.

5. streetlightbeam

streetlightbeam Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSvb_jGwQ7s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSvb_jGwQ7s
    This is considered to be 'post-dubstep' but fuck labels when it comes to music like this. It's just soulful and amazing. I listen to music with soul, with heart. Mainstream dubstep has NONE of the above. Absolutely dreadful. Disgraceful.

6. Robbrocker

Robbrocker Guest

Dubstep is how Metalcore is to Metal, just a genre which doesn't reflect on the music as a whole. I more prefer the noise/breakcore artists (Venetian Snares, Datach'i, Merzbow, Bong-Ra, to name a few) than the mainstream dubstep such as Skrillex or Deadmau5 :mickey:

I feel the mainstream acts are just a passing phase moreso if you compare it to the Madchester/Club era where the new sound was coming out but not many people knew how to exploit it into a wider spectrum. Dubstep has a lot of potential even within the charts but the need for this has to be there. I see a lot of young inspired musicians out there so things can only get better.

7. MystyEV

MystyEV Guest

I have no interest in the music, but if people wanna listen to it. Then they can.

For me though, it completely deleted an aspect of music that enjoyed. And that's real instruments, I was never fond of a turntable or a, "DJ". and all these computer generated noises playing out loud. There was a concert called, "Breath of Life." in my town, it had Skrillex there.... It was disgusting.

But people have their opinions.

8. TheHerbalist3000

TheHerbalist3000 Member

woahh, all this hate towards dubstep. the style has a nice and innovative twist to it that not a lot of music has. the flowing of the melody riffs are actually quite bad-ass. i lovve all avenues of sound and collected noise. i feel that dubstep is just a new genre trying to find its fit. and so far it's not doin too bad. give it an honest shot before you dislike complete. just with any other genre, there are artist who suck at it and give it a bad name.

9. Asmodean

I don't really like the 'good stuff' neither in this genre. But I certainly don't feel hate. I just don't enjoy dubstep.

10. Peace4All

Peace4All Member

I enjoy dubstep. But I also enjoy 30's-40's-50's-60's-70's music. I also like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

Do I have bad taste?

11. Asmodean

Does your taste has to be consistent? I think you can still go both ways tastewise when you love dubstep, Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin :D

12. 1r0n_0x1d3

1r0n_0x1d3 Member

Dubstep is hit and miss with me.I love some and hate some just depends on the song.

13. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Love. ;)

14. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm too old for that shit. But I love it, at least at very high volume for short periods of time. From first listen I was quite fascinated with it.