Do your part

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Craevyn, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Craevyn

Craevyn Member

None of you have to reply to this, but I would like to encourage all of you to send an E-Mail or letter once a week to your local senator/congressman, advocating (with well documented reasons) why marijuana should be decriminalized.

Beats just talking about it.

2. matieu

matieu Member

well how do we get the e-mail...and why would he listen to me? I'm 13 years old...

3. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

Well I am curious what you would write? I would love to write and do my part but dont really know how to make a good argument..personally my only reason are that I do not feel it does enough harm to a person or to society to be illegal...I think that if we legalized a lot of people complaints about it wouldnt be a factor...but..well...I dont know what else..what are other points people make?

4. element7

element7 Random fool

If you hook up with your states chapter of NORML you can get on a mailing list where they'll send you letters about bills etc.. and you can just click off a prefab letter to your rep. Although, under voting age they may not give a hoot, but keep it up. Let em' know at least "Hey I can't vote now, but I will be able to, and I'm keeping tabs" something to that effect.

5. shaba

shaba Grand Inquisitor

Before sending anything, please be well informed about cannabis and do your research. The better informed and the more research you put into your letter the more seriously they will take you , and who says that you have to put your age on the letter?

6. matieu

matieu Member

why does the government care if we smoke?

7. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

Very good queston.

If you dont know what to write, just do a summary on the documentary, Grass.

8. matieu

matieu Member

...sure

9. element7

element7 Random fool

Here's a link to find out email etc... on congress members in any state:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

10. HappyGrass1

HappyGrass1 Member

One good thing to say in the e-mail is this: If you go to a local bar with people drinking beer and stuff, You are more likely to see someone get pissed of and have a fight. But take a coffy shop in ampsterdam for example, when there smokin pot every one is friendly. there are no fights, everyone gets along beter. and the crime rate is so much lower. Thats couse they're so stoned they dont care about robbing banks or steeling money. Pot is just so much better and safer than beer. Thats all i have to say