Do your kid a favor and dont homeschool

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by underplay, Jan 6, 2006.

1. pschool

pschool Member

i'm homeschooled, and i can tell you, it's only as boring as you make it. I can pretty much study whatever i want. Also try and meet some other homeschoolers (even though their usally pretty weird) but a lot of comunities have homeschool co-ops

2. Kittymoose*

Kittymoose* Member

I go to public school, and let me tell you, I'd love to be homeschooled. I like having the social experience of public school, but I dislike being one of the "freaks" that doesn't fit in. I can't change who I am at my core. It's who I am. I'd love to be able to learn at MY pace as well. I'm advanced, ahead of most of the students in almost all of my classes, but because it's structured, I can't be put ahead. It stinks. I'd also like to be able to learn at my schedule as well. I have a job, and a sleep disorder, and having to get up at 6:00 am and go to school untill 3:00 pm doesn't help with that. I'm not whining here, I'm just trying to give a few benifits to homeschooling. I've got friends who just transferred to public school, and they more or less hate it. Sure, they're a bit wierd, but you know what, we all are at heart. It's hard for people to fit in when they're being forced to do something they don't want to do, with people who don't want any new people near them. People are cliquish around here. I'm getting a little off my original point here...anyways, why don't you try something like enrolling at a class at the YMCA, or taking lessons somewhere? Have you tried going to a fair or festival and introducing yourself to people? Just because you don't go to school doesn't mean you can't have friends.

3. Beyond-the-Clouds

Beyond-the-Clouds Senior Member

And it's more than just friends. I have to be around my fucking assclown conservative parents all day when I'm home schooled and I still have to get up just as early. Only good thing is that it's easy to cheat.

4. underplay

underplay Member

just to keep you guys updated i pretty much quit school for now, when i was homeschooled i loved computers so much thats all i did...so now i feel like my knowledge is college level, i havnt really been doing any school work at all since the end of 7th grade...but now im focusing on selling stuff on the street, working, and focusing on my future school plans.

5. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

Because home schooling doesn't work for some people does not mean it's a horrible for everyone..
    Because home schooling does work for some people doesn't mean that it's perfect for everyone.

Public school was a terrible experience for me. I would've loved to have been home schooled. But that doesn't mean public school is inherently bad.

People learn differently, and different programs work for different people.

And stop complaining about socialization, because the fact that you refuse to get off your ass and into society is YOUR FAULT. How hard is it to join a sports team or just TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS? Unless you live alone in a cave 5000 miles from civilization, you really have to make an effort NOT to socialize.