Do you wash your genital area before and after penetrative sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Klimax2gether, May 16, 2018.

1. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

It's not always about pleasant natural scents. It's sometimes about "what the fuck is wrong with my/your body". It's good to be clean so that we can move past all the "why am I smelling that way?" segment. I'm not trying to be gross, we've all been in this situation.

Candybuttons likes this.
  2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It is for me. I understand it's clearly not for everyone based on the products which fly off the shelf due to advertising campaigns. To each his and her own! I'm still going to defend the minority side of the argument though. Natural rules! :D

Let me add, if someone doesn't like how I smell or I don't like how she smells, we are not for each other!

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I wear them to keep the jewels in place. It is more comfortable when they are all in one place.

4. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

That's it, eh...
    It's good exercise to pick them up off the floor from time to time though ... jus' sayin'

;)

5. Alternative_Thinker

I'm actually talking about not smelling pleasant here. I've certainly been in that situation where I couldn't help but wonder, "what's going on with my body?" because I'd notice the change in my genital odour and unfortunately it's not necessarily pleasant. Same with the feminine scent situation. Natural scent is fine, but we don't necessarily live in a very natural world today. The pH balance can be easily disturbed.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Clearly malfunctions aside... I believe it's fair to say that things going wrong are not the norm and thus require attention.
    I believe it was spelled out...

7. Alternative_Thinker

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

If I didn’t wear panties everyday then I would need waaay more pants etc because I’d have to change them everyday.
    As you know, the Vagina is self cleaning lol

10. Alternative_Thinker

Underwear definitely reduces the frequency in terms of how often we change pants, and/or ho often we wash them. This implies to men too, because as humans we all sweat, and bacteria may multiply.

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I'd clean it periodically throughout the day for you! ;)

hehehe

Candybuttons likes this.
  12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

That may tend to be the case in general but it's not a given; it will be dependent on the person. For jeans, where I'm not doing construction or mechanical work or such to soil them, I can wear them a hundred times or more over a few years and not require a wash.
    I can keep bacterial odors at bay by simply spraying with alcohol.

Urine drips and precum secretions can reach visible status after several wearings. In this case, wetting with alcohol and dabbing with a paper towel leaves them spotless.

YMMV

13. Alternative_Thinker

That might work in some (extreme) situations, but man, isn't it easier just to do the laundry? lol I mean, I get it. sometimes you might find yourself in a situation where you have to go an extended period of time without washing your clothes. Camping may be an example. But still, when you return home from camping, you likely proceed to do your laundry because your clothes may require washing. To me, that has always made more sense than to try to eliminate bacteria via other means, unless it was very difficult to wash something(leather, down, mattress, et cetera). In our typical everyday situations, I find it much more sensible just to do the laundry and have our fresh, clean clothes.

Maybe I'm a bit of a germophobe when it comes to stuff like this. I'm really not that OCD about it, though, some people just might disagree, lol.

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Easier? Perhaps.
    Laundering consumes resources - monetary, time, and natural (energy consumption for powering the equipment, conditioning and delivering the water). Plus produces pollution in waste water. It also accelerates aging of the clothes.

Perhaps think alternatively?

15. Alternative_Thinker

One thing to add: those indigenous tribes from various cultures who live outside of civilization have managed to find use of natural soap that comes from plants. I still don't believe washing is a bad thing. That's me thinking alternatively like an alternative thinker might. Just because I prefer to do my laundry doesn't mean I don't think alternatively while I do my laundry. There are environmentally friendly detergents out there.

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

- And "environmentally friendly" front loaders, line drying, full loads, less frequent washing... (all which I do) Of course, what we think about has a bit less physical impact than what we do... ;)

To add - something else I noticed - my clothes seem to fit and feel better after a few wearings; after laundering feels like a break-in period of sorts. Though mostly denim/cotton products. The nylon - spandex kinda stuff not so much.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  17. Makehersquirt

Makehersquirt Members

If I've worked all day and or was sweaty ill make sure I'm washed and smelling good and the same goes for my woman. I'm also a big fan of eating the vaginal area and i don't want it to smell and or taste of soap i like a womans natural smell and taste so if it wasn't a hard day for her she won't clean. As for washing after my woman like to clean me up orally after sex and she makes sure to clean the whole area thoroughly so I'm never in a rush to get to a shower ;)

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yes. Yes I do. Before and after.

19. So you stick it in like its the most desirable thing on Earth, but when it comes out it's so gross and nasty you have to wash it. Ok.

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Never heard of this.

rollingalong likes this.