Do you remember Bomberman 64?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Americunt, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

That game frustrated the hell out of 11-year-old me. It was probably the first RPG I had ever played, and I've been trying to find it again on Steam or an emulator so I can take a whack at it with my adult brain, but haven't found it anywhere.

[​IMG]

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nope. I did have a N64 but never got more than 4 games for it (played the crap out of them though!). Bomberman wasn't one of them :p

1 person likes this.
  3. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I had two games, Bomberman 64 and Diddy Kong Racing. I beat the pants off DKR.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol only 2?! Damn, and I thought 4 was already far too less :D

Mine were Goldeneye, Mariokart, Zelda - Ocarina of time and Star wars - episode 1 podracer

3 people like this.
  5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Well, there was also some football game, but that was my dad's :D

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i never had n64, but i had a college roommate who did. all i ever played on it were mario 64 and starfox. i also tried some zelda game but i couldn't get into it.

i have no memory of bomberman 64.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remember it existing and it probably would have run on my souped up vic-20, but no, i never actually had that game itself.

i had that game that with the two gorillas tossing exploding bananas at each other across a bunch of tall buildings,
    that was supposed to be an exercise in calculating trajectories, but it was so much more fun to just blast holes through the buildings at each other.

as for role playing in 32k of ram, there was something i forget the name of, that was like really basic d&d,
    that when you gained an ep in melee, these four or five little guys would jump up and down at the base of the screen.

text base puzzle games like zork were the big thing in those days, considering the limitations of available display technology at the time.

i remember the star trek game that was based on using a teletype machine for a terminal.
    this was even before the pet, ti-99 or trs, when the only p.c.'s were kits,
    and good luck finding a power supply to run them.

it was ported to the early comodors, trasher80s and ataris when they came along in the late 70s though.

8. John1234567

John1234567 Members

Might be at game stop... i still have it lol

1 person likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's a local place here in reno (in sparks really, but its kind of all one big town geopsychicly)
    called cap'n'games (or captain games, i forget how its spelled), that stocks and resells old games like that.
    no idea if they have it, but i ride by there on the bus all the time.
    they do have a website where they list what they have on hand.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

doesn't gamestop only do the last couple generations of games? i thought you had to hit a local place to get older stuff.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I didnt have a 64 either. We had a old Atari and a nes and snes.took a while to get a playstation.i never liked the controller of the 64.

12. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I spent many hours with Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I rented it once and got annoyed with all the cute sounds the characters kept making