Do you own a gun?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by kwal30, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

There are no earplugs, head phones, or what-not that completely protect your hearing...
    Ear protection may lessen the effect, but if you shoot a gun big enough to legally hunt deer, you will damage your hearing.
    Don't believe me, look up the decibel level of your gat and compare it to the decibel reduction chart that comes with every set of hearing protection... then read the fine print warning.
    Guns can beautiful, fascinating pieces of machine work, and a lot of fun to operate, but as a musician it's just not worth it for me. I intend to keep what little hearing I have left.

ZW

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

This is the most true quote. If you own a gun and don't mind the possibility of subjecting your ears to loud noises, guns can be beautiful pieces of machinery. Not to mention any student of history can appreciate the link between a gun and the past. They're not just weapons, just history and sometimes artwork put together. Just please never put a gun to any living being without good reason, they are weapons designed to kill.

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I have owned 2 guns and both were stolen (by so-called "friends", I am sure).
    Now I'm on my 3rd.
    We also have a little shot-gun (lol).
    I own one because it is 2 women in the country...I know all about mine, how to operate it, etc. I hope I never have to use it; but I can say in all honesty, it gives me a sense of security/surprise or something that I wouldn't have otherwise.

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

It could be foolish not to own at least one

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Exactly! (lol almost un-American)

6. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Unless you always carry a gun on your person, chances are you will not have it in an emergency. Carrying a gun with you all the time is a pain in the ass.
    I used to carry my shotty out to the woodshed with me since I'm always seein' bear shit just 30yrd or so up the mountain from my house :eek:... but one day I decided just fuck it, being eaten by a bear is a cool way to go ya know?:beatnik:
    Also, It's possible to invest all ones security in rifle or gun and overlook more effective ways out of a dangerous encounter.

It's been said before, Your best self-defense weapon is your brain!

ZW

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

my job was required to carry a gun on hospital grounds, id leave em at home or tucked in the safe at work.. and sometimes Id have to disarm myself between some floors , so I always said wtf is the point in carrying it in the first place?

8. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

^^^Yup, they are always banging around on stuff, against your hip n shit...

ZW

9. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Allz I needs is my super outrageous water gun collection.

[​IMG]

10. CircusgirlsandHippies

CircusgirlsandHippies Member

I can see a water gun army in the making...

No, I don't own a gun at the moment. But I wouldn't be against it in the future.

11. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

WOW, sweet!

ZW

12. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

nawz... I dont need a gun, mate..

I have a Donk.. :D

[​IMG]

14. BTS

BTS Member

just in my pants...

15. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

I like the idea of someone pulling a gun on me and having a gun myself so I can shoot them and kill them. I wish everybody had a gun so I could potentially kill them all...

..haha, I'm just messing, that would be fucked up if a whole country thought like that...

..wouldn't it?

16. tiny

tiny Member

No. that sounds perfect.

17. slappyman

slappyman Member

We owned a hand gun years ago, lived in a very bad area, I worked nights. She said it made her feel safer. Long story short, I came home sick one night about 4 in the morning, thank god she's a poor shot. We no longer own a gun.

18. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I live in the bush, nearest neighbor is a mile away... we have bears and wolves around here as well as weasels, raccons and other things that pose a threat to our animals...

However, the government thinks I shouldn't own a gun.... :)

19. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

NO no and no. Never even laid eyes on one...and dont want to.

20. NomadQueen

NomadQueen Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.