Do You Ever Think Of Commiting Suicide?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by atsizat9050, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

My sig quote comes from this song. Thought it might uplift someone and provide perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-eKhCukW8

2. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

sure. not that i actually have the desire to do it.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Could Never Do That........Over The Years I Have Lost Many Friends To Suicide And I Have

Seen First Hand What Their Selfish Decision Has Done To Their Family And Friends, For

Many Years To Come.......

Cheers Glen.

4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Yes, on at least a few occasions in the past (when I've been highly paranoid and psychotic).....I've seriously considered it, I just consider myself very lucky that I have some really good friends, good parents and live in a nation where people with serious mental health problems can get help.

5. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

At one point in my life yes I've thought about ending my life. Will I ever go through with it ever?? No, I'll never end my life.

No matter how horrible my life gets, I'd never end my life. Don't think it's worth it. Believe everyone had that thought in their head at one point in their life.

6. I've tried to experience that kind of darkness, that loneliness. But it's all just bullshit, I could never do it.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Why would you try to do that?

8. Just fascinated by the human psyche I guess.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

for myself, no. i'll be gone from this world far too soon as it is.

but for anyone who would rather kill themselves then be considerate of others,
    this world would be a better place were they to all just go ahead and do so.

maybe that's bad karma for me to think that way,
    its not that i wish anyone unhappiness,
    even when they do insist upon inflicting it on themselves,

but how is it a freedom, to rob that of someone else?

10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I hate the way internet sites treat newbs. Everybody is a newb somewhere at some point. It sucks, and is the foul side of humanity that can have really bad consequences.

Americunt and newbie-one like this.
  11. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Several times throughout my life, the first time being around age 8 or so. But I know that it's not really me who wants that, and what always kept me going was the thought of what was "around the corner".

magickman likes this.
  12. Astray

Astray Visitor

Used to, until I discovered that it is was only me ego that wanted to escape humility at any length.
    Now it knows that humble pie feeds my soul.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the thing about suicide is people get that disappointing from things they're told to expect.
    my way of looking at things isn't about expecting.

14. Yes! Even attempted it a couple times. Last time I went into the emergency room. Went in the front door and saw the security guy and I I I said in a loud voice “are you armed?” He said “NO” I said “well I am, you better call the police, I had my hand behind my back.
    While I waited for the police to come I yelled a t people to stand back unless they wanted to get shot. I sang the marine corps hymn and a prayer to God as loud as I could say it. The police took a minute to get there. By now, it’s a lot of commotion. I still have my hand behind my back pretending to have a gun. I see the police I started going towards them. They are screaming “PUT YOUR HANDS UP” I was screaming “PUT YOUR hands UP” at them. There was 5 cops guns drawn, me, with my hand behind my bank. Then I jerk my hand forward as to shoot them. The shoot me twice, once in the stomach, the other in the side. Bean bags. Ugh. They rush me, slam my head to the pavement. Handcuff me, send me into the emergency room. Get me patched up. Now I am 5150 for the next 7 days. Made it through and here I am today. Everyday struggle with these thoughts

Eric! likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    How did you get the gun?

Edit: sorry, I read too fast. I now see you didn't actually had one!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Not really

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I actually thought about it last week when someone offed himself in front of a train I was supposed to take. Got to wonder why some choose to go this way... Impulsive decision? Quite nasty. And not talking about my delay. I mean, others have to clean that shit up

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Only Time I Attempt Suicide Is When I Sit Down To Eat My Own Cooking...... :eek:

Take Out For The Win...... :D

Cheers Glen.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think everyone thinks about it, at some point.