Do we want it legalized?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Levi0814, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Member

they should set up clinics for marijuana addicts where they could go and safely use government marijuana for free. and instead of giving away glass crack pipes as part of 'harm reduction' they should give out bongs and vapourizers.

2. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

i smoke pot to get high. so? thats why a lot of kids smoke. helps me sleep sounder, relaxes me, and makes me happy. are you saying im doing soemthing wrong?

and there is no way they can prohibit alcohol. I dont drink and drive, i dont get violent when im drunk, and i dont drink excessivly. but i like to drink.

we should definitly contribute more help towrads getting other people help. I shouldnt b punished because other people have problems. Im not insensitive either, my dads and alcoholic; but i still like have some coors once in a while.

3. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

no, but someone on crack would. to say all drugs should be legal is stupid. heroin, meth and related drugs are stupid and have no use. dont give the mj users a bad name

4. Mr. Graey Rufur King

Mr. Graey Rufur King Member

I hope you guys know that marijauna isn't just illegal so that you don't do it...parents and adults alike want drugs to be shown in a bad light, if you legalize marijauna, how would kids know the difference between weed and crack? Marijauna used to be illegal, and if it's fine now, why shouldn't crack be fine?

5. Mr. Graey Rufur King

Mr. Graey Rufur King Member

Hypothetically speaking.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Tsk, miss smartiepants. I fully agree with your post.

And also with this. It gets me pretty pissed that other people can lock you up because you wanna try something which they consider wrong to your body. When you start causing trouble in your surroundings it's a different issue, of course.
    Now, with the whole hard drugsthing. As long as the good and healthy people want to ban it and keep it illegal it's gonna cause criminal problems. You can't expell it from the world, it will always be around. If it's legal it's going to cause trouble as well of course, but at least you can control and decriminize the business.

7. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

A person's life to theres to live as they see fit. Technically, eating a shitload of food will make you obese and contribute to heart disease later in life. So should it be illegal to consume over a certain amount of calories per day?

I'm 23 years old, I'm a young adult, and I can make my own decisions concerning my life. I don't drive drunk or high, I don't push my lifestyle on anyone, and I should not have to worry about being punished by the law for my actions. I'm not hurting anyone, so what's the big deal?

If someone wants to drive drunk or high, punish them. If they're giving out drugs to minors, punish them. But if they want to use drugs themselves, in a manner that isn't harming anyone else around them, let them do it.

This is supposed to be a free country. If I'm not infringing on anyone else's rights, I should be free to live how I want.

8. doom876

doom876 Member

Alcohol prohibition didn't work in the past, brush up on history.
    I want pot legal, it's my choice to smoke it(I am 16), I enjoy every aspect of it, and there will probably be an age limit to buy, and it will help all of these innocent people in jail for nonvioltnt drug crimes. A few kids may fuch up, but think of the millions it'll save from the cage and the dollars it'll save that are from taxes. No more time waisted on drug wars.

And boothy's quote above with all the "so shoulds", I agree 110% with that.

9. kokoyo112

kokoyo112 Member

Well, I didn't skim through all the posts, BUT!
    Alcohol is in fact legal. We have many a problem with it. Does anyone remember prohibition. That just made alcohol into a complete criminal messs. Smuggling it in and out. People died over it and still died using it. Marijuana is the same way. People go to jail and get shot for it. It is that way now. Legalization could only be a better option because it would keep it regulated and it would be worthless to smuggle. This is the same for any substance really. The People always will get what they want, no matter the cost. The government could save money, lives, and dreams.

As for people only using it to get fucked up. There is no way to change that.

10. DeliPro

DeliPro Member

I always wondered something about legalizing it. You know how they put crap like arsenic and all those chemicals in cigarettes to help the nicotine absorb into your blood faster? I wonder if they would put chemicals (Harmful or not) into weed if it was sold at gas stations to help you get higher.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Probably not at gas stations :tongue:

12. High_Times_w_Kumar

High_Times_w_Kumar Member

we made alcohol illegal in the 1920's and that was the start of organized crime and at that time more booze was comming into the country than when it was legal. we made pot illegal, is it gone from the US. we spend billions of dollars on anti-drug forces and now we hav more pot ans coke and heroin than we know what to do with. legalize it and tax it just like tabacco, put an age limit on it like 21, sell it it in "drug stores" where no one under 21 is permitted to prevent it from gettin in the hands of kids. prevent smoking or shootin up, snorting poopin drinkin while driving, jsut like it is now. as long as your not hurting anyone i dont see the problem.

13. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes we do.

14. sohip19

sohip19 Member

i agree

alcohol should definatly be banned

and weed...yes a bunch of kids would use it to get fucked up but its their loss. personally ill go either way for the legalization of pot. if its not legalized you can get it at any age and its just pot. im sure if it was legalized they would start selling it in stores like cigarettes abd put a bunch of chemicals and addictive ingrediants in it. hopefully they wouldnt but the way america runs i wouldnt be suprised