Do we want it legalized?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Levi0814, Aug 6, 2006.

1. C123-473

C123-473 Member

You know what? I like to have a couple of beers. Hell, some times I like to have a couple more.
    And some times I like to smoke a little weed.

I like to catch a buzz.

I'm not going to apologize for it.

I will not buy into your appraisal of its being embarrassing, negative, or immoral.

2. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Dont think anyone should have to.

3. Peacebucket

Peacebucket Member

so i have ADD so apologize if this has been mentioned. What i read was alot of stuff about how Prohibition doesnt work. Clearly it does because it is working now. But with minds on the War in Iraq, Genocide in Darfur, Israel and Hezbollah, and other important things, our other politics and news have taken our attention away from things that affect us as individuals. I think we really need to get a lot of people to turn the attention of our country to this hot topic which is striving to make a comback in our politics.

-peace

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

A-fucking-men to that. Alcohol's fun to get fucked up with, and does make one feel euphoric but not half as efficiently as Cannabis. Fuck alcohol, I'd rather toke any day (but mixing is fuckin fun).

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

you barely qualify as an adult, and I bet you been smoking for years.

6. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Its not working, 20 billion a yr on the war on drugs, Yet I can go out in downtown San Fran and get any drug anyone wants in 20 mins and it will be more pure than 30 yrs ago and rather cheap still.

So its working mmm for who?

PS I just do weed.

7. Peacebucket

Peacebucket Member

it works because prohibition is the act of prohibiting something by an authority, and marijuana and other drugs are prohibitted by the government. so until they are legal, they are prohibited.

-peace

8. rob1134

rob1134 Member

prohibition is a joke. theyll be reading about marijuana prohibition in history textbooks 30 years from now laughing.

9. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sick people being sent to federal prison. Houses being seized for growing a plant.

I hope they can laugh 30 years from now. Currently...well...the joke isn't that funny.

Of course, I want it legalized.

10. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Man I had $400 worth on me and my medical card got me out of it but even before we had cards for medical pot in California its to be looked at as low priority in eyes of law.

BTW I dont ever have more than a 8th at home must be safe with amounts even if MP

11. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, I'm not ill and it would be much easier if I didn't have to break the law to enjoy this harmless herb.

12. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

I'd like to encourage nay-sayers of the topic-stater's volition to step back and consider ieas contrary to what's basically become cannabis dogma. Doing so is something more people here ought to consider, if nothing other than for a periodic challenge of disposition.

13. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

I do my share of work in getting pot passed I give support and $$ time last 10yrs

14. joker73a

joker73a Member

Hell yeah it should be legalized for adult use only,this way kids don't get a hold of it and it is regulated just as alcohol currently is.

15. joker73a

joker73a Member

I'll agree with the legalization of pot but disagree on the rest. I've done rock,LSD,speed,meth,powder cocaine and pcp and I can tell you one thing and that is that they are dangerous and banned for a reason. A good reason at that.

16. borat

borat Member

^^^i have kind of anarchist-y views and i believe that without a victim there shouldn't be a crime.

17. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

I have very mixed feelings of all drugs legal.

I feel harder drugs lead to many ill things.

Crime when money runs out to feed the crave for the drug.

Overdose that dont kill but messes you up.

Death.

Other physical ailments can come from harder drugs.

Yet at same time if legal.

It can be safer getting.

Cleaners drugs.

Cheaper too.

Easier to get help for a overdose do to legal means no fear of cops.

I need to look at this closer before I say YES to all drugs legal.

I also dont feel it will cause a rise in long run just short run in use of drugs.

Lets first try it with pot first :)

18. borat

borat Member

dude there is a controversy here about them making rooms where they have nurses that assist addicts in injecting heroin. I don't know why it's such a big fucking deal! if they're addicts and are going to do hero anyways, why don't we help them in doing it safely? Hell we should give them the heroin as well, then there would be no market with sky high prices, which is the reason addicts turn to crime anyways.

I'm not saying that they should sell hard drugs in stores or anything, but we need to be pragmatic. The problem is not going away, we might as well minimize its effects.

19. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

We should at least think about trying a new way other than "the war on drugs" in the USA.

Not just the US but around the world "Drugs Wars" need to be looked at again.

Can't do any more harm than they already have so far.

War on weed in US on Google video.

Woody H from cheers is the narrator of this hr+long war on weed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5472332679367311144&q=war+on+drugs

And in places where 100 grams of hashish or a kilo of weed gets death, shame on you!

20. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Try a bit less patronisation, and lose the elitest attitude - you are not fooling anyone. Those drugs can be done in moderation. Moderation, responsibility, information, education and safety. Through education we can teach people how to use drugs safely and moderately, and legalisation would remove the danger of misinformation - not knowing what street drugs are cut with.

Legalise and educate. Using drugs is not dangerous - abusing them is.