Disclosing Irrelevant Information on a Dead Politician?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by lovelyxmalia, Mar 1, 2011.

1. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I may just be too liberal and this might be what really sparks that liberal side of me, but I truly don't find this necessary to disclose after Senator Kennedy has died and can not defend himself in this matter...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...ed-Kennedy-rented-brothel/UPI-10781299001953/

And yes, I know all of the bad things he's done, but I feel like the news channels locally (I'm in Mass) are focusing too much on this today.

A part of me wishes the news stations would focus on the important things we have at hand instead of losing their minds to disclose information on a dead senator..

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Conservative judicial watch. Sounds typical to me. They can't let the man rest in peace and this is the modus operandi of conservatives. They would and will stoop to any measure to destroy those who don't agree with conservative thought. As far as J edgar hoover--he was a fuckin' scumbag that tried to ruin anyone on the left and kept records on most of the legislators in order to control them when necessary. He continually claimed there was no Mafia when it was known that they had photographs of him in little dresses doing homosexual acts. He also hated homosexuals(so he said ) while living with his second in command-Clyde---something for years. I'll look his name up--just couldn't wait to post this because it pisses me off. He tried to ruin MLK's life until he,King, was killed and ironically ,the FBI was forced to take the case and solve it.

3. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

Although I don't know much about Hoover in the aspect you are talking about, I do know that there was great debate throughout the presidencies of the 60's to force Hoover to leave his position due to his tactics and antics.

The guy you are thinking of is Clyde Tolson, but according to a few sites I just checked out, there were a few people Hoover was suspected to have gay relationships with-one including a photographer.

How ironic that Hoover would say such a thing about Kennedy...having dirt on someone could come in handy? Considering Hoover hunted down and threatened any person insinuating he might be a homosexual...

Politics are and always will be twisted sons of bitches in my book

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah-thanks. Tolson. Hoover looked like an ugly old toad and acted like one. Robert Kennedy tried to rein him in as he was supposed to be Hoover's boss,but it was a rough go. I agree about politicians--anyone that seeks that much power and privelege has to be twisted in some way.