Did becoming homosexual/bisexual change you?

Discussion in 'Other Sex Discussions' started by musicfreak9000, Oct 9, 2009.

1. musicfreak9000

musicfreak9000 Member

I'm just wondering if it did/has changed who you are.
    Other than the bloody ovisous (liking both men and women) the only thing thats changed is that kids are even more anoying now and for some reason ever since I've been bi sexuality is everwere now.....oh! and I lost my best freind because of it, but he's a bigot, racist, sexist, pradiotict arsehole so fuck em I say.

FredBrice and SaFari2112 like this.
  2. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

you don't 'become' homosexual. you either are or aren't.

3. musicfreak9000

musicfreak9000 Member

well then realieing or coming out as one

FredBrice likes this.
  4. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

no, it didn't change who i am.

5. Gay Tony

Gay Tony Member

Well, when I finally came out to most people in March of this year, I felt a billion times better about... well, life. I didn't feel too trapped anymore. A lot of people took it well.

As far as "becoming" gay... well, I knew I was gay when I was like 8, soo... Yeah. What meridianwest said.

FredBrice likes this.
  6. musicfreak9000

musicfreak9000 Member

The thing is that for year i was just straight, until i was about 14 or 15 i started to see guys (especil cute one) more sexualy, so after about four days of being bicource i became bisexual. So i think you can become gay/bi/straight deppending on your hormones aswell as being born it.

FredBrice likes this.
  7. Gay Tony

Gay Tony Member

It was similar thing for me... I just refused to look at guys when I was in my pre-teen and teen years. I just didn't want to be gay, or worse, known as gay. At 19 I was more or less tired of being miserable and watching my friends be happy with people they want to be with. I shouldn't have stopped myself from going for it and having fun back then. But I did.

Did you just realize when you were 15 that you liked guys even a little? Or did you force out those thoughts before that?

FredBrice likes this.
  8. musicfreak9000

musicfreak9000 Member

niether i just starting to look at guys more sexuality, nothing changed how i saw women, i still love boobs and pussy :p, i just like cock aswell now :3. Maybe i was born straight but my hornmones changed how i felt as im going tough pubity.

FredBrice and Slimflipper like this.
  9. Gay Tony

Gay Tony Member

I guess anything is possible. I'm not sure if we're born with a "gay gene", or if we're influenced at whatever age. There's no way to determine how or why some of us are gay, bi, straight, whatever.

What I'm learning is it's best to not think about that too much, and enjoy whatever is fun for you :)

FredBrice and soulpoker like this.
  10. musicfreak9000

musicfreak9000 Member

live and let live i say.

FredBrice likes this.
  11. Chado2423

Chado2423 Member

I would not say that coming out as a bisexual male changed me; I'm still the same person... I still like the same types of food, I still enjoy Star-Trek, and Lost, and I still would rather vote for a Democrat than a Republican in most cases... and I still hate sneezing... but what I would say is that it changed other people's perceptions of me, and my perceptions of other people (based on how they responded.) In fact I actually found that my fears were often something of my own creation rather than reality... I only told a few trusted friends; so I'm not exactly "out" as some of my peers are... but I am working on that... a little late in my life, but better late than never.

(Just to reinstate for clarification purposes: as Mr99 points out below: being bisexual was always there. My post above here is referring to "coming out.")

FredBrice likes this.
  12. TheSystemOrange

TheSystemOrange Member

Like pointed out clearly before, I never BECAME gay. I just am gay. I cannot control who I am attracted to, just as straight people cannot control who they are attracted to. So therefore, no I was not changed. This IS the way I am. Its common sense, I cannot believe people are so fucking stupid and crazy that they cannot comprehend this SIMPLE FACT.

FredBrice likes this.
  13. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

:chillpill:!

as for me, i'm pretty much like Chado2423. its changed perceptions of me and taught me that my fears are what i make up on my own.
    It's also given me more confidence and comfort in my own skin, and just more interesting stuff in life.

FredBrice likes this.
  14. Shale

Shale ~

I grew up in a world where homosexuality was a legal perversion and homosexual acts could put you in jail. And yet I had these feelings, deep inside me of affection for men.

However, I was str8. Then a gay guy took me home drunk and we ended up in bed. (He lost - I was too drunk to get it up - but I tried) I was sick with guilt the next day (or was it the hangover).

Anyhow I got over it just in time for the free wheelin' sexual revolution that accepted all those "perversions" in which ppl always indulged. So, I had an easy changeover to Bi, I had an accepting community of friends. In fact, I really did increase my sexual couplings by doing anything that moves. :p

This was in my early 20s, so guess I was late coming out, but I think it is who I always was, just made easier by a permissive environment.

Now I seem to be more turned on by men than women, even tho I had many years of hot and heavy sex with women. But that's cool.

Thru it all I have been the same person with expanding experience.

FredBrice likes this.
  15. coffeescent

coffeescent Member

Yes, it changed me, but in a good way, I think.

I was only 3 when I understood I was gay, so I learned both to act and to analyze people and evaluate their behaviors from an early age and that gave me some maturity.

On the other hand, it did make me lose my innocence, too, given I grew distrustful and knowing people were not that friendly: while children are supposed to be open books, I had to hide feelings even from my parents.

Nonetheless, I would NEVER EVER change my sexual orientation even if I could. I went through a lot and I'm now out of the closet, but I think all of it helped me improving my emotional intelligence and becoming who I am today.

FredBrice likes this.
  16. Jeri

Jeri Member

I am completely the same after realizing I was a lesbian. Nothing has changed other then me not pretending to date men which I don't know why I ever did, my family and friends accepted me with open arms. I think it was because I was more concerned with not being able to have girls spend the night (I was fairly young when I realized I was a lesbian).

FredBrice likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Knew I was different in Kindy

Well, actually Kindy is a bit fuzzy, but the next year 1st grade is a bit clearer memory wise.

And I'm not referiing to sexuality or gender or anything, just knew the way I got treated by others was different to the way other guys got treated

The OPs questions, which I just realised is 6 months old but oh well,...... doesnt really make sense.

I know its not PC, but I dont consider me and those like me who knew from very little; to be the same thing as those that suddenly "switch" in teens or adulthood

And I think most everyone else thinks that too

FredBrice likes this.
  18. Mr99

Mr99 Guest

Being gay didn't change me, because it's always been there, but 'coming out' did, hugely. I spent AGES fretting and worrying about what would happen, but then I thought about it realistically... What WOULD happen? I get called a fag? Laugh it off. Someone starts a problem? There's enough decent people about to stick up for you.

Seriously, be open and it'll feel like a weight's been lifted, because you'll have nothing to hide anymore - as for your old friends, balls to him if he doesn't accept it, there's enough decent people out there who'll love that you can accept yourself, be you straight, bi, gay or whatever.

My best piece of advice: It's not a big deal if you don't make it one.

FredBrice likes this.
  19. pillhead2

pillhead2 Member

Being Gay did not change me as others have said I was already Gay...Coming out changed everything for me , both good and bad. I am back in the closet which I hate to the general public and to my good friends I am out. To my family it is a subject on the unwritten list of things we dont talk about and have not now for 20 years. It is sad to be someone your not to have conditional love from your family who cant deal with who I am.

FredBrice and Pobept73 like this.
  20. floyden

floyden Member