Deadpool 2

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, May 23, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyone else seen this yet?

For me it was a weird feeIing

On one hand I enjoyed it more that 90% of all the other comic book movies there are

On the other hand, it wasnt very deadpoolish, not as funny, same kind of jokes, good story, but they could have been a lot cleverer with a lot of stuff

Xmen, X force were one of the few comic book series I did read when younger, lots of awesome stories with Xforce they can use, could get another 1/2 dozen movies out of Deadpool/Cable/ Xforce

I wanted something more Tarantino meets Naked gun meets John Wick, instead we got something that was still a good movie but a bit too much just like another X men movie

Brolin is too old to play Cable, I knew this going in. They way underused Domino and I dont know why they even bothered with Juggernaught

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I can't wait to see it, but reading your review, I guess I shouldn't expect too much .. which is crap, cos the first was awesome!

3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You gotta see it for yourself. You might like it anyways. Doesn't sound like it's too bad of a movie.

McFuddy and morrow like this.
  4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I saw the first and thought it was complete garbage. The "humor" seemed geared towards teenagers. Seems a lot of people liked it, though. To each their own.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its a good movie

But more like all the other Marvel movies.

There is maybe 30 seconds in total that make it an R rated movie

Basically, they should have had a whole team of comedy writers doing the script rather than one guy who was most famous for GI Joe

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    morrow likes this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i thought it was decent entertainment

lots of bad jokes though

i was never into these superhero type movies ...i liked the old superman ones when i was a kid but that was about it

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same. i never go to the movies anymore. i thought i just grew out of enjoying the movie theater, but the more i think about it, i might just not go to movies anymore because the only movies available now are those terrible fucking comic book movies that i hated even when i was a kid and shouldn't have known better.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

What kind of movies are you looking for? Because I have seen several good movies in theaters lately. To be fair a few were comic book ones but there were a decent amount that fell into other categories.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

comedy and horror are my fallbacks. there can be good movies from any genre, but i'm only interested in very good movies from most genres other than those two.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. :worried:

Ok ok... that isn't helping. Anyway, I found that I liked Deadpool 1. I haven't seen Deadpool 2, and I'm not going to go out and buy it before it's at the library for free, so it will be a good long while before I know whether or not I like it.