Dave Bowman Aka Subcool has died

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Feb 6, 2020.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dave Bowman, known to the cannabis world as Subcool, died on Feb. 1. He had been ill for quite some time, battling Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and emphysema, as well as the fallout from a divorce and a California wildfire that took nearly everything he’d worked to create in cannabis.

He was hosted here on Hip Forums for sometime .. But the growing sub/forums faded as cannabis was legalized in some states and the traffic slowed ..

Subcool, went on to develop Team Green Avenger Seeds (TGA Subcool Seeds/TGA Genetics/The Dank) and pioneer cultivars like Jack the Ripper and Space Queen.

Chances are if youre a stoner, you have come across these strains.

RIP Subcool, learned a lot from you.

RIP: Legendary Marijuana Breeder Subcool

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Sad, I knew him in Norcal. His wife was a hard working great grower and photographer. MizJill.

He put out some beautiful books based on the strains he worked with.

RIP Subcool... he was cool.

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Last time I saw him was when I had to go on stage at a Cannabis Cup in San Francisco and accept an award for someone else's grow - who wasn't there to get it himself. My two seconds of fame, LOL!

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  4. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

Damn of course I remember SubCool!

RIP my friend. Cruise baby, cruise...

Orison likes this.