community gardening

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by squawkers7, Feb 27, 2006.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

as some of u know, I moved to TN 3 weeks ago. Found myself in the middle of the worst street in Johnson City (according to locals gossip). Down the street from my house is a lot that has a sign posted saying it is for community garden. Not much there anymore & I would like to fix it up.
    Has anyone ever worked on a community garden or gotten one started?

2. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

weve had and still do have space for comuity gardening,useally works well as long as evryone keeps up on the work.only taks one summer to pull evryones weeds to kick them out.
    green healling thoughts
    frog

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

yes, I worked on one several years ago, a disability accesssible natural habitat garden. There are actually tons of grants out there and home dept is very generous with supplies for community based projects. Just google garden or community rehibilitation, grants (or foundations) and get a city permit (free) and good luck :)

4. free2fly

free2fly Members

Hey I used to live in Kingsport! and went into Johnson City regularly. Anyways I think its cool that you found a garden spot like that, I hope it works out! :)

(Oh and Take some before and after pics to share, we'd love to see them :)