college grants

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by soulrebel51, Sep 26, 2005.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

What are some grants that are available to children of army retirees? My parents and my guidance counselor at school told me I should look into them, I could prolly at least the first year or two free... but I don't know where to look! There's this fcfca form or something or other (those are definitely not the correct letters :p), and so much other stuff that I just can't read and isn't helping me one bit.. I've been meaning to go back to the counselor but she's never there. :rolleyes:

all help will be greatly appreciated!

2. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

If you can't find a guidance counselor to help you, try some of those scholarships.com type places. Maybe poke around on the website for a couple of universities, find the financial aid webpage, see what links they have up -- some are incredibly helpful with only really useful links, others have nothing more than the bare minimum info...

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

your best bet might be asking your local VA for help. but most likely, even if you do get some benefits, the benefits will apply to state schools and community colleges, a private college/university might take it but that depends on that private college/university....

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I planned on going to a state school here, probably.. I like the area, and its much cheaper than private schools. :p

local VA, great idea.. thanks!