Cloth diapering!!

Discussion in 'Class Suggestions' started by Serene Divinity, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Serene Divinity

Serene Divinity Member

Its just a positive choice to chose to cloth diaper your child, so very healthy for the enviroment. But I notice so much newbie moms dont know what they are doing andf they give up when a complication arises! I would love to start a cloth diaper class so that newbies to it can find any and all info they may need to succeed with cloth diapering!:sunny:

2. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

We use cloth nappies :) love them

3. Serene Divinity

Serene Divinity Member

we did as well.... my daughter just recently potty trained

4. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I thought about the cloth diapers, but I'm too lazy to wash them.

I'm such a bad hippie *hangs head in shame*

5. Serene Divinity

Serene Divinity Member

honestly it really isnt that hard... I thought it would be too, but I just incorporated diaper washed with my every other day laundry routine it was sooooo easy!

6. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

We tried cloth diapers but it was to hard for us. We are always out and about and having to carry around several soiled diaper with us all day until we got home was to much of a pain in the ass. More then once we had a "leak" and getting shit all over the inside of our diaper bag.

7. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Did you not have a wet bag?
    Admittedly, outings are the 'worst' part of using cloth because you do have to carry around the used ones which can be bulky but for us the pros greatly outweighed the cons :)

8. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Did you not have a wet bag?
    Admittedly, outings are the 'worst' part of using cloth because you do have to carry around the used ones which can be bulky but for us the pros greatly outweighed the cons :)

9. Michael Bluejay

Michael Bluejay Guest

If you want to calculate how much you're saving by using cloth diapers, I wrote a nice laundry calculator which calculates the cost per load of washing and drying, depending on your local rates for electricity, gas, and soap, and what kind of machines you use. I'd link to it but I'm new here and I don't want the system to think I'm a spammer because I dropped a link, so just Google "laundry calculator". It's probably the first hit, and if not, just look for the one with my name in the url.