classic cartoon network vs classic nickelodeon

Discussion in 'Cartoons' started by dazedgatsby, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

On CN's side we have: Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Tom & Jerry, Whatever Happened to Robot Jones, I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Time Squad, Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Evil Con Carne, Mike Lu and Og, Sheep in the Big City, Looney Tunes

On Nick's side we have: Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Doug, Catdog, Hey Arnold!

Theres more CN shows cuz I didn't watch a lot of Nick when I was little. In fact Dexters Lab was and still is my favorite cartoon. :) So I vote for CN.

2. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

Cartoon Network. :]]]]
    Ahahahaahaha.
    Angry Beavers.

3. CoolRunnings

CoolRunnings Member

Gotta go with Nick... mainly because when you go by just their original shows (shows that originated on either Nick or Cartoon Network), Nick blows them out of the water.

Salute your shorts, Pete and Pete, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Rocko's modern life, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Rocket Power, The Wild Thornberries, Catdog and even As Told By Ginger.

But, I would now take Adult Swim (technically cartoon network) over both. :afro:

4. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

I love Metalocalypse. Lol "Im Roxo the Clown and I do cocaine". But right now I'm d/ling the first and second seasons of Dexters Lab. :afro:

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Carl said no swimming in his pool.. Im not swimming im making beer.. :D

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Cartoon Network for sure.

Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, and Ahhh! Real Monsters were Nickolodean's only really good shows (though some others were okay).

But Cartoon Network's Ed Edd n Eddy was better than all three combined; plus it had all the classics on it when we were younger.

7. Envy

Envy Member

Cartoon Network. I got tired of Nick's shows because for a lot of my childhood Cartoon Network did not come in at my house. I preferred CN's shows instantly once the channel came in.

8. Charmed262

Charmed262 Member

I love them both but I would have to say classic Nickelodeon only because I remember a little more shows form Nickelodeon then Cartoon network.

9. spexxx

spexxx Member

I liked Nick, keenan and kell was good too. WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They don't show Loony Tunes on Cartoon Network :mad: I don't believe you! I just did a search for it so I could set it up to record on my DVR and it said no listings were available.

You had my hopes up for a minute man, I freakin LOVE loony tunes..I've been DYING to see this show recently, i'm gonna have to find it online somewhere.

Does anyone know if Tom and Jerry on CN is the old classic tom and jerry or some kind of new fangled imposter?

I wish there was a cartoon channel that really showed all the classics..I loove classic cartoons, the classical music, the chase scenes, the physical gags..so so brilliant.

11. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

That's what I liked most about Cartoon Network. They had the Flintstones, Jetsons, old looney toons (when Daffy duck was actually funny), and most importantly they had Wacky Racers.

New CN is disappointing :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JihrWE0FJpc&feature=related"]YouTube - Wacky Races - 1x01 - See-Saw To Arkansas - Part 1

12. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

They used to play it like it was their cocaine..

So much Looney Tunes...

Tom and Jerry is the classic... xD

And there is a classic cartoon channel called Boomerang! I have it.... tis amazing.

13. Lumini

Lumini Member

Cartoon Network takes the win, for sure.

14. JaxLiliac

JaxLiliac Guest

I honestly would say it is a toss up for me. I love classic Nick and classic cartoon Network. which is why I enjoy watching boomerang and Nicktoon Network when they don't have the b.s on ( Troop, Power Rangers, Drake and Josh) I mean come on, its Nicktoon Network not cartoons with sub par teen drama thrown in.. Keep the drama crap out!!

15. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I kinda liked Ned's declassified. Seemed like the Salute your Shorts for a newer gen.

16. mike_003

mike_003 Guest

I think cartoon network has some great show. Nickelodeon is also not far behind. But CN is the best.

17. Riena

Riena Guest

I like them both equally and it was sad to see such great networks die the way they did, but I'm glad they're finally making a comeback now though they still have a long way to be on the level they used to be.

Cartoon Network is in the lead right now with Nick still getting ready to catch up. I can actually watch daytime CN again for the first time since 2006. Up until this past year I had been flipping on CN just to watch Adult Swim(which is ironically going down hill now).

Now, if only Disney could make a comeback.

18. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

When I was a little girl in Vietnam I only watched cartoon network

19. May_Queen Brighid

May_Queen Brighid Member

I have never been a fan of cartoon network . It was nickelodeon all the all way. I loved hey arnold, the rugrats, wild thornberries, all that!, are you afraid of the dark, little bear, papa beaver's storytime, gullah gullah island, even blues clues when I was smaller.

20. falconer

falconer Member

Both networks had much better shows in the past, but nickelodeon made cartoon network its bitch. Its not even debatable.