Christians Should Not Be Politicians

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 7, 2017.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

John 6:15
    Then Jesus, knowing that they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again to the mountain all alone.

Jesus did not want to be a politician and 1st century Christians did not hold any political office. This is truly being "no part of the world" which Jesus admonished his followers to do.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Reads more like Jesus shouldn't be a politician...

4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I can't say I have a problem with a christian politician...that being said, in future most politicians will be largely irrreligious so I don't think it matters in the long run.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

'Christian' politicians are often 'Christian' only because of the accidents of culture and the fact they think it will win them votes from among a 'Christian' population.

To see how Christian they are, you only have to compare their agendas with that of Jesus. And you'll perhaps be forced to conclude that they're not really that Christian at all other than in a purely nominal sense. Money and power are their actual gods.

1 person likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Christian politicians are dangerous to me because they often want to mix church and state and they are willfully ignorant about science and the wold. Everything you need to know is a book written AND edified many times by men. Any thing else is a Satanic lie.

If they would be more private about their beliefs I would have no problem and I also have no issue with people being Christian. Unfortunately there is so much and hate and tension with Islam right now all many of them do is go for the Christian version of Sharia law. They naively believe America is a "Christian nation". Sorry to tell you it is not and the people who founded the country for the most part very anti-church.

2 people like this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You and I don't agree on much, but well said.

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

America is a Christian nation in the same way that the Roman Empire was Christian under Emperor Constantine. Adopting it can be useful if your objective is to unite an empire.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Jesus didn't want to be a politician, spends life being political. :d

10. backwoodswildtrash

backwoodswildtrash Members

The way I see it religion should not be involved in politics, but respected.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Then we have to give in to those no good dirt ridden atheists.

Keep politics religious, keep politics brutal :punk:

Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Can you imagine a nation run by atheists.. They'd make us learn maths and science. Eeek

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

That anyone rules a nation seems to be nonsense . It's just a story . Unbelievers may be punished . Murdered ? Death
    is not punishment . And banishment is the usual threat ... but where is there to go ?

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

As politics usually involves categorizing people and fighting over money. Yeah, that makes sense.

14. backwoodswildtrash

backwoodswildtrash Members

I guess where I am coming from would be in a more philosophical sense... Government shouldn't be ruled by whom worships whom but by knowledge. I am not going against God, just saying if we came together based on knowledge rather than religion we would be more stronger of a Nation in a certain sense... But I do believe respect would have to be a big factor. God would want us to spread the word, but it's by people's choices whether they choose to believe in his word or not. We cannot force one another into a certain religion. I have brought many people to God just by showing them nothing but love and respect, because that is how I view God and that is what I want others to see as well...

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

In believing that the Word is knowledge , a Christian politician needs to be competent in
    speaking to the people as a poet .

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this may be somewhat open to interpretation, but generally getting anywhere in politics requires a willingness to do things no religion would entirely approve of. not just christianity.
    same goes for the corporate business world too. a christian or other religious life would mean things like herding sheep or milk cows, or working as a wage slave in unionized infrastructure,
    or manufacturing, or just marginally some kind of mom and pop store front. a world that almost doesn't even exist any longer today.

of course the arts MIGHT be ok, or SOME engineering.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

and the neat trick of getting anyone to listen to THAT.

18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

God save us from poetry slams . There was one political/religious poetic piece I have enjoyed . Two poets . Rapping .
    A drum circle made the music . Israeli Jew vs Palestinian Muslim . A dialogue , spontaneous rap . Very serious . Full
    of grace .