Camping In My Van

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by kenwilkes, Apr 3, 2015.

1. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Currently on the road enjoying this free life. Finding free campsites and travelling as I please. It can be done folks!!!

2 people like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How is your set up like? Are you building camp fires and temporary stove top or is your van decked out with all the goodies?

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Lucky! :daisy:

4. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

Safe travels! Keep it up!

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I lived this life for 6 months. I had an econoline E350. I bought it used, it was a work van. stripped out the cabinets and built a full size bed, cut a vent. Blackout curtain, little bit of solar and nice sized cooler. Also a power inverter is important. Had a portable potty for emergencies. Showered at the gym or spray bottle showers.

6. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

Any pics?

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

To be sure it can be done.

We used to have two members living on the road in vans, one of them a decked out camper-van, the other a modified full size cargo van (and for a very long time).

Twodogs and..... I forget his name, though not his mannerisms - very wholesome fellow. Van and camper-van, respectively.

I'd like one of my own, though not for a full time home, more of a convenience thing. Turtle style.

I've considered an RV as a portable home that would go with me if shit hit the fan and I got evicted - but it doesn't have the same draw as a van, it's a giant lumbering behemoth, and if you stay in a parking lot or something it's dead obvious.

1 person likes this.
  8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

. I think it would be fun if i have the time, to build a van completely this time, i would definitely go high top, i would have a couple deep cell batteries that i would
    Charge by solar. Have wifi. Do a month trip driving across country and staying the night in the van parked almost anywhere. Vans are a great stealth living machine if you do it right.

9. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I have a van that I've been living and travelling in for the past 3 years. She's called 'Poppy' and she's a 1990 German VW LT28. A 2.4 Diesel and very easy to fix and maintain. I have solar panels, wood burning & gas stove, electric hook-up and a small toilet. I have a bed over the cab in the high top.

I own my own plot of land where I have a small-holding etc and stay there for most of the week. However I spend on average 3 months of the year travelling, during this time I earn money trading at the festivals and summer fairs.

Shayla x :)

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  10. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

She's change a little as I've worked on the paintwork ...

Attached Files:

• pop2.jpg
      pop2.jpg
      File size:
      135.7 KB
      Views:
    2 people like this.
  11. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Not very good pics but a feel of the inside ....Pic 1

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  12. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Pic 2......

Shayla xxx

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  13. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

That is awesome! Safe travels!

1 person likes this.
  14. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Sx

15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

That is So smart mate !!

1 person likes this.
  16. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Sorry People, I've been away for a long time. My pc crashed and I'm just getting back to this forum.

I have a 1995 E-350 van with a diesel engine. I travel with a couple of dogs mostly in the SW as I'm based out of GA

Sometimes its hard but mostly its great. Live your dreams and write your own big story.. I'll be on more if you have any questions

1 person likes this.
  17. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

I got a lot of goodies.. Im comfortable in my rig, bed, solar power, lights... camp stove... your basic camping gear... Life is good

1 person likes this.
  18. TheSweatyButcher

TheSweatyButcher Members

What are you trading at festivals?

19. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I sell incense, crystals, throws jewellery and other 'new age' items x

Shayla x

20. Rio_Jackson

Rio_Jackson Members

I am thinking About setting up my land for ppl that want to camp in vehicles or in tents not your regular camp sit tho this land i moved on has 3 set ups for a camper sit how ever i do have 2 campers i been working on so i could let some one live in them and plus been looking for some one to help me i live out in the county tho i was liveing in my tent when i first moved here because my daughter was not fond of sleeping in a tent i did that for seven mo,s during the winter and fall i liked it .