Butane Hash Can It Cause A Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by Jennifer19, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

so awhile back me and my cousin were vaporing butane hash he took 2 hits and was sweating buckets and his heart was racing. well today he found out he had a heart attack not sure when. we do take medication and we each every so often need a ekg done its a anti psychotic that we take I'm thinking the meds? could it have been the hash?

2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I think it was the meds we take I have never heard of anyone over dosing off thc but I don't know much about hash could it really cause a heart attack?

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

he is not saying it was from the hash but he does think being in that state of panic and stress that played a part in it but he can't say for sure

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

If someone is taking an anti-psychotic, they probably shouldn't even be smoking to begin with. I mean, duh.

If someone is prone to intense anxiety and panic attacks, then I would not be surprised if that person had a heart attack after smoking, but I would not say it's from the BHO but because of the person's mental state.

Also, a person might have an underlying heart condition which might make them more susceptible to heart attacks. In that case they would want to avoid things that can cause a rapid heart rate and anxiety.

Common sense 101.

So, no, butane hash oil probably cannot cause heart attacks alone, but stupidity might.

1 person likes this.
  5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

''trigger'' a heart attack and ''cause'' a heart attack are different things entirely

be more careful with your thread titles...you could have just titled it ''question''

now it looks like a statement and yet another reason for non hip users to put down our site

you have told us many things about this cousin.....he is not the shiniest penny in the bunch now,is he?

6. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

ok thanks for the reply. he just wanted to know if the hash can cause a person to have a heart attack. that's all

7. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

he does not have panic attacks he is a person who deals with depression and is bi polar he can handle just about any medication that doc prescribes him and not have side effects so I was shocked that he got that messed up I warned him how strong it is cause I have gotten too fucked up before but he didn't listen I told him maybe best you don't do the vapor ever again just stick to once in a blue moon smoking a little pot but his choice

8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I know my uncle has a heart attacks and so did my grandpa so it does run in our family

9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

well anyways thanks for the reply I will let him know that the hash cannot cause heart attacks

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There is a theoretical OD dose of weed but even with BHO you are not close to it.

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Smoking occasionally is not going to be better for that sort of thing.

His freak-out was caused by tolerance.

I'm not saying that he should smoke (it seems clear that he should not), but if he does, his tolerance should be raised slowly. Anyone can (and will) get uncomfortably high if they smoke beyond their tolerance.

Yeah, he might have had his heart attack during that experience, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it - I'm no cardiologist, but I believe a heart attack would generally have something to do with blockage in the blood vessels feeding the heart, not just panic - if you scared yourself into a heart attack, I'd expect it to be massive and fatal - could be totally wrong.

1 person likes this.
  12. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

An artery becoming blocked with a clot is what causes the heart attack. Smoking, obesity, poor diet, diabetes etc are risk factors.
    Cocaine use can cause coronary artery spasm (vasospasm) and contribute to the development of a clot that can lead to a heart attack. Butane inhalation has been linked with the same...
    http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?jp06019

Glad your cousin only had a mild heart attack and has the chance to change his lifestyle, if that's what he wants. But hey, we're all dying eventually anyway.

2 people like this.
  13. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I wish we still had the rep button.

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

We Sort Of Do.....Just Hitting The "Like" Button Comes Close Enough.... :)

Cheers Glen.

15. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

True☺