Bubble Cloning Station

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by Cantehy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Cantehy

Cantehy Guest

Hi Everyone,

Still new as new on this site and have just been looking around at mostly the cannabis cultivation forums and such and was reading through the Cloning sticky posted by meangreen, has some good solid knowledge in it but i did notice it was mentioned in the post that aeroponics style cloners were expensive and required practice to get right. I stumbled across plans for a bubble cloner (as i and the original post call them) and have had 100% success rate in rooting clones ever since i used it, and it costs minimal money, space, time & skills. Sadly i no longer recall where or who posted the original article i saw was so can not give the credit where it is due though if anyone could tell me i'd be happy to do so.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a step by step build on one with pics? Just trying to find a way to contribute to making the Green Sea spread across the globe, everyone should have something to smoke if they so desire.

Tehy :2thumbsup:

***EDIT: As i plan this more i realise it is not really an aeroponics set up but more akin to rooting in water or even a hydroponics set up, either way it still works very well, most of the time i have the beginnings of roots within 7-9 days, sadly no strain info as all i have ever had is bagseed. The other thing i really like with this style of cloning is you can move the cutting to whatever medium you want once it begins to develop roots, no misting or cutting of the leaves is required & you can actually see the roots develop***

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

share your skill and progress.

3. Cantehy

Cantehy Guest

Righto, 1 hit is enough for me, I will sort out an equipment & tools list & start posting within the next 1-2 days. Hopefully this helps someone who needs it.

4. Cantehy

Cantehy Guest

OK, i suppose the best place to start would be the equipment required, this equipment is strictly for the Bubble Cloner itself, for lighting i generally use 2 x CFL 23w lamps, 1 Warm White, 1 Cool White to try give the plants more of a full spectrum light, inside a separate box, lights run 24/0, 18/6 will work too. All measurements given will be in metric, Google is good for conversions if you run in to trouble.

Equipment

-Plastic container with a lid that seals well (Tupperware is good, generally microwavable containers work well too) The size (Length & Width) of the container can vary depending on how many clones you want to do at a time, depth of the container should be no more than 100mm, anything bigger is really just wasting space imho.

-Black Duct Tape or Plasti Dip (Used to make the container light proof, roots don't like light, even a seemingly opaque container lets a lot of light in)

-Fish Tank Air Pump (Again, bigger air pump = more bubbles = bigger cloning unit, multiple air pumps could be used on a BIG unit if needed)

- Clear Tubing for air pump & any joints that may be needed, this varies depending on what air stones & how many you use, if you use 1 x flexible stone such as listed next you should only need 1 'T' connector to join it up

- Air Stones (multiple small stones may be needed, i tend to use the flexible air wands such as these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/130...e&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

- Sponge material to use as plugs for the cuttings, i find the thin yoga style mats can be cut down to strips approx. 40mm x 15mm and seem to work fine

That should just about do as far as materials are concerned, if you have problems with the airstones rising up in the water or moving you can simply weigh them down or glue them in place, if gluing in place make sure to use a non toxic aquarium sealant.

Tools

- Sharp Knife, such as a Stanley Knife or Exacto blade
    - Lighter

You can do the entire build using just these 2 tools and a bit more patience, i do highly recommend a small (12mm to 16mm) hole saw, drillbit or arbor for drilling the holes the cuttings will be going through but you can cut the holes with the blade if you need to. The lighter is used to burn a small, airtight hole for the air supply tubing to go through the lid, I shall try get a drawing of the remaining instructions posted tonight/this afternoon & i should be able to get some photos of an actual unit posted within the next 24hrs, sadly my original plan of just building one from scratch for this instructional won't be happening, cash flow problems and whatnot but i do have an old one that should be sufficient alongside my drawings.

Tehy

5. Cantehy

Cantehy Guest

Oh, if I 'lose' anyone at any time or you just want some clarification go right ahead, suggestions are also welcome if you see a design flaw, I am by no means a pro at this.

Tehy

6. Cantehy

Cantehy Guest

OK, sorry for taking so long to get back to this, real life has been interfering with my online life lol I'll start uploading some pics tomorrow and finish off the rest of the instructions, all fairly straight forward and easy from here

Tehy