Bring Back Good Old Fashioned Stories For Children

Discussion in 'Children's Books' started by Chesterpuss, May 1, 2015.

1. Chesterpuss

Chesterpuss Members

When I was a child I loved to read Enid Blyton stories and still do! My 8 year old daughter is also following in my footsteps, as she has a book shelf bursting with them. I started writing a book in 2013 and completed it in 2014 and have been told it's very much like an Enid Blyton story, I took this as a huge compliment and its given me the confidence to publish on Amazon Kindle.

I would like to know if you enjoy good old fashioned stories, and if so which ones ?

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

3. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

When I was young, we used to get snowed in alot in Northern NY so my mother would break out the old Grimm Fairy tales. Still to this day I love them, but now I understand there meaning.,

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I read a lot of books when I was a child (I still do), but I never really read anything "old fashion".

Congrats on your book and publishing it on amazon kindle.

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I love so many of the children's books....such profound meaning in simple words.....I collect them. Velveteen rabbit, Louisa may Alcott's books.....there are so many...i cannot begin to list them all.....Congratulations to you....Let us know when your book is published and what it is called. I write them and illustrate them, but have not tried to publish any yet.....but has always been one of my goals.....I am just not a good peddlar, i guess.