Bought This Little Guy Today....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Ashalicious, Apr 20, 2016.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sativas have long finger-like leaves, whereas indicas are short and stubby. It's possible it could be a hybrid, but I doubt it. I think it would be wise to move it to a bigger pot before too long. Also, I've been advised to cut the very tip top of the plant off. I did that with my sativas. Don't cut too much off though. This technique is called topping, and when you top it forces the plant to grow wider with more flowering branches that maximize your yield.

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

A larger pot, huh? I worry it will cause her some distress, but I will take your advice and go get a larger pot and some more soil. In regards to cutting the top off, I am hesitant to do that. I don't know why, I just am. You'd know better than me, when it comes to raising pot plants, though, so I trust you.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

LOL I know exactly how you feel about topping! It's like you don't wanna hurt your baby, but you know it's for their own good. I didn't wanna do it my first time growing either.

Check this link: http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/topping-your-marijuana-plants-can-increase-your-yield/

As far as moving plants from one pot to another, as long as you do it carefully and don't worry about it too much, your plant won't get transplant-shock.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ashalicious

I've moved plenty of regular house plants, but for some reason I am just extra concerned for Murphy Brown....my attachment is deep.

I'll check out the link, thank you for the resource. Everyone here has been incredibly helpful from the time I brought her home, and I am so appreciative.

5. Ashalicious

I noticed last night that Murphy Brown had some white dust on several of her leaves. The dust resembled flour. I checked online and learned that said dust is a very harmful fungus that has been known to destroy entire crops if you don't catch it fast enough! I took a soft cloth and wiped the dust off of as many leaves as I could, and I also removed a bunch of leaves from the plant. Apparently this dust is more prominent when the MJ plant is in areas with little airflow (the airflow sucks in my apartment) so I put her out on the balcony for the night.

She seems to be doing okay, but of course I am terribly worried about her.....

6. Bud D

Bud D Member

Powdery mildew is what the dust likely is. Devastating growers surely before our time. Is it humid?

7. Ashalicious

I didn't think it was THAT humid, but it must be. Like I said, our apartment doesn't have the best airflow so we have always had a bit of a humidity problem indoors.....

I really hope it doesn't kill my plant. I removed many leaves from her.

8. Bud D

Bud D Member

If your not against chemicals they have pm treatments. There may be organic methods but I never had pm. Had rust from a wheat field. So I know fungus is devestating. Best thing would to be starting over after cleaning everything. But I see your attached.

9. Bud D

Bud D Member

10. Ashalicious

11. Kaelarippin

Kaelarippin Newbie

Why would I get rid of her?