Biking and smoking

Discussion in 'COOL Activities' started by John13np, Mar 25, 2011.

1. John13np

John13np Member

I know I can do it, but is it wise to smoke during a 40+ mile day? I have never done that before and I don't want to get too folded for biking after 20 or so miles. If I drink enough water and my tolerance is high enough (and the weed is awesome) is it okay to do?

Thanks!

2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

it's completely about your own personal limitations. I wouldn't even want to go on a 1 mile bike ride without smoking a bowl but that's because every road where I am is a giant hill pretty much

3. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

i love a good buzz just as much as the next person. but me personally, i would probably not mix one activity with the other. paisley skye.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Assuming your lungs can take it and still make the ride, sure.

Don't smoke yourself stupid. If you do it during a break, do it RIGHT before you get back on the road. I personally would light a joint on a gentle downhill.

If you're tired and whatnot, and get super stoned, you're just going to knock right out... but if you limit your smoking you should be fine.

5. Mind_Explorer

Mind_Explorer Member

I usually find riding my bike while smoking to be a buzz kill when it's a long bike ride.

I've smoked while riding my bike quiet a few times. If your using joints/blunts make sure your not pointing it towards the wind or it will burn really fast, that may just be common sense but I have accidentally done it a few times.

6. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Member

Guess it depends on what you smoke..

7. honeyhunter

honeyhunter Guest

As one cyclist to the other, it may not be a good idea. I personally have trouble navigating after a certain point, and ending up 20 miles out of your way can ruin a bike trip. But if you can handle yourself, then dont worry about it.

8. grilledcheesequeen

grilledcheesequeen Member

I bike almost everyday... I don't bike hardcore or anything, I use for alternative transportation around town. I have noticed it kinda gets rid of my high if I don't smoke that much

9. springfling

springfling Member

I can't do it anymore. I just get so laid I forget that I'm on my bike.