Bible Questions?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

And Jesus was also a carpenter, so he had worked for a living, so was not with out some strength.

2. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

you know my friend said they translated what jesus did for a living (the word) or at least his dad joe did for a living was miss traslated......can you give me verse to prove Joe was a carpenter?

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I would think he would have been more along the lines of a scholar philosopher physician. He was found debating in temple at twelve. His teachings delineated many things we have come to understand through physics.

4. satchOnugs

satchOnugs Banned

what i wanna know is... why the fuck do atheist contemplate about religons and god so much?? you either believe or you dont.. thats no reason to put down other peoples beliefs...

5. jmt

no my question was about his earth dad Joe.

6. jmt

lol chill with the language around these parts.... but this was asked in the thread " i burn a king james bible today" !!

7. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

Isaiah (53:2) wrote that the Messiah's appearance had nothing in it that would naturally draw us in.

8. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

(Matthew 13:55-56) Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary, and his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Where, then, did this man get all these things?”

(Mark 6:3) This is the carpenter the son of Mary and the brother of James and Joseph and Judas and Simon, is it not? And his sisters are here with us, are they not?” . . .

9. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Does it say in the Bible that women shouldn't become ordained in the church?

10. sathead

sathead Banned

I don't know. I'll have to check that.

said like a real evangelist, eh?

11. TipsyGypsy

Just wondering why some men find it such a huge deal.

12. sathead

sathead Banned

The Corinthians had St. Paul, I guess, set the standards of the sensual/sexual attention for rules the church would henceforth follow for relationships which are and are not acceptable in the church, the ways of regarding responsibilities for married and unmarried folk, the monogamy issue, and understanding of how the flock was to organize and meet for ritualistic prayer and analysis of the scripture. What else could be a more important issue.

As we all know, all cellabacy and love issues are presented in this town meeting as it were.:D

13. TipsyGypsy

So women should stay home and cook and clean as part of their married responsibility?? It's living in a backwards age.

14. sathead

sathead Banned

Nowadays it is supposed to be forward; but I have a question as well. Is it vain to be married at responsibility just because we still type and use stenography on the computers?

15. Ukr-Cdn

The Catholic and Orthodox priesthood, modelled after the priesthood of Christ, the Jewish priesthood, and Melchizedek, is only open to males.

It is not that women shouldn't, but that they cannot.

16. sathead

sathead Banned

There's nothing you can do about it. The Corinthians discourages woman from the priesthood just because they can be interested to represent themselves as the weaker sex.

17. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

no just opps

18. TipsyGypsy

That just looks like another weakness in the faith, just demonstrates inequality. If women are not good enough to represent Jesus and what not, then why on earth would women want to follow him?

So, the females are are ordained? Are you saying that God looks down on them?

19. Ukr-Cdn

Why must a women's worth be based on being able to do the same things as a man?

Are men less important because we do not have the capacity to carry life?

Is it possible that men and women are equal but different?

Aren't there things men cannot do but women can?

The Priest is not merely a minster or preacher, but is an alter Christus:

"As an alter Christus, the priest is profoundly united to the Word of the Father who, in becoming incarnate took the form of a servant, he became a servant (Phil 2: 5-11). The priest is a servant of Christ, in the sense that his existence, configured to Christ ontologically, acquires an essentially relational character: he is in Christ, for Christ and with Christ, at the service of humankind. Because he belongs to Christ, the priest is radically at the service of all people: he is the minister of their salvation, their happiness and their authentic liberation, developing, in this gradual assumption of Christ's will, in prayer, in "being heart to heart" with him. Therefore this is the indispensable condition for every proclamation, which entails participation in the sacramental offering of the Eucharist and docile obedience to the Church."

Pope Benedict XVI
    24 June 2009
    http://www.annussacerdotalis.org/an...otalis___english/00002130_Alter_Christus.html

I do not understand the first part of this quotation, but I am not saying God looks down on women, but that men and women are different ontologically.

20. TipsyGypsy

That's different. Men are not able to carry children, so they don't have the choice. Being told that women cannot represent the church in that way, even though we would be perfectly capable of doing so, it what gets me. It's about choice being taken away and being told what we can and can't do.

Which is why I wondered if it was actually written in the Bible.

To me, it is a question of equality - because women are told that they can't do something, only men can.

I meant women who are ordained in many Christian denominations. there are still arguments in the Anglican church about women vicars, because men believe it is not their place. So if it is in the Bible, then it must ahve come from God. If women go ahead and become ordained - would not not be annoyed that they are going against His word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.