Bible Questions? III

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, Apr 5, 2010.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

My existence is perpetual emergence. I am not here on the back of anybody.

[thedope wrote].....As far as speaking from the past that you could not have known,

Aye captain, I think the semantic kettle calls the pot black. We do not move, the past and the future are artifacts of the present. Where is this past you speak of, where is this future, produce them. They are reflections of this moment.

What can be said is that you conceive time in a linear fashion whereas I understand it to be concentric.

[/QUOTE]
    The emerging current is not static, we grow both space and time as we become more functionally communicative. Creation is extension, there is always more of us.

2. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

OWB to thedope:
    What's the problem Fred? Which ones? Back your accusation or drop it ( or you could just drop it to save me having to if you decide to try and back it. )

3. S-word

S-word Member

The emerging current is not static, we grow both space and time as we become more functionally communicative. Creation is extension, there is always more of us.[/QUOTE]

[thedope wrote]....My existence is perpetual emergence. I am not here on the back of anybody.

So then, let us dispence with words such as 'were' and 'will be,' 'past,' and 'future,' for they are but illusions, you are your ancestors, you can tell us all about the age of the dinosaures because you are they and they are you, in your expanded present.

Tell us of the plants that existed 14 million years ago, woops, there was no 14 billion years ago, was there? For to you, that is now.

Then draw for us a picture of the apple tree as it "was" (Tut, tut, tut, there you go "WAS" past tense when there is no past) when the dinosuas's fed on it's ancestral tree, which tree's existence is perpetual emergence.

I will accept that the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity that was (There you go, that damned word again) Spatially separated by what is called the Big Bang, is in the process of perpetual emergance, and the Omega, who is in your future, that the Alpha, who is in your past, will become in your future, already exists in your present, and is right now listening to your rediculour semantics, through the senses of one of his servants within him, who has to read that which you are writing here.

[thedope wrote]........Aye captain, I think the semantic kettle calls the pot black. We do not move, the past and the future are artifacts of the present. Where is this past you speak of, where is this future, produce them. They are reflections of this moment.

I fail to see how that which does not YET exist in your three dimensional time can be reflected in your present time.

[the dope wrote].......What can be said is that you conceive time in a linear fashion whereas I understand it to be concentric.

AH! But if you had bothered to read my posts within this forum, or if you have, then you were obviously unable to comprehend that which you read, but let me assure you here, (And I hope that you are reading this with comprehension) that I do not conceive time in a linear fashion, but as multi-directional. I can, and do, descended deep into my inner being, where I drink of the wisdom, the knowledge, and the insight of my ancestors.

And while drinking from God's pool of wisdom,
    That vast and endless sea,
    Sometimes I feel a stange sensation,
    As my future drinks of me.

When I know the time is right, and the one who is drinking of me is the one, in whom I chose to rest, I will not release that person, and when they awake again in their present, I will be there with them, in my future.

But I do understand your concentric concept of time, and it is a cood concept as it will help you move on into your future with a greater understanding of who and what you are, what you were, and what you may become.

Of all the stars in heaven
    And the space that lays between
    It's centre is the planet of your birth,
    And, as earth's horizon stretches outward
    At equal distance from your throne
    Then you hold the central point upon the earth.
    As light and sound need time to carry
    All their messages to you
    Your senses tell you, all has run it's race
    And nothin that has happened,
    Has happened in your time
    For to you.---You hold the highest point in time and space.
    That's a primitive concept I would say,
    And a view that leads to sin.
    But perhaps, if all would think that way,
    They'd discover, "God Within.".......By S-word.

No thing can occupy your particular space/time, unless that something is you.

4. thedope

[thedope wrote]....My existence is perpetual emergence. I am not here on the back of anybody.

So then, let us dispence with words such as 'were' and 'will be,' 'past,' and 'future,' for they are but illusions, you are your ancestors, you can tell us all about the age of the dinosaures because you are they and they are you, in your expanded present.

Tell us of the plants that existed 14 million years ago, woops, there was no 14 billion years ago, was there? For to you, that is now.

Then draw for us a picture of the apple tree as it "was" (Tut, tut, tut, there you go "WAS" past tense when there is no past) when the dinosuas's fed on it's ancestral tree, which tree's existence is perpetual emergence.

I will accept that the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity that was (There you go, that damned word again) Spatially separated by what is called the Big Bang, is in the process of perpetual emergance, and the Omega, who is in your future, that the Alpha, who is in your past, will become in your future, already exists in your present, and is right now listening to your rediculour semantics, through the senses of one of his servants within him, who has to read that which you are writing here.

[thedope wrote]........Aye captain, I think the semantic kettle calls the pot black. We do not move, the past and the future are artifacts of the present. Where is this past you speak of, where is this future, produce them. They are reflections of this moment.

There you go.

[the dope wrote].......What can be said is that you conceive time in a linear fashion whereas I understand it to be concentric.

Indeed I have read your posts and multi-directional is still directional in a linear fashion. where is up or down, or diagonally in your model of multi-directional time. All that you believe you conceive of past , of future, are corridors of refraction in this very moment.

Could as well be the butt puckering from being in so long.

Hot air. If it doesn't happen now, it is not happening.

If you understood what I am saying of time, you might understand there are many "futures', that we may create probably, simultaneously.

Or a distorted view of the cosmos.

then what of the same selves who shares my thoughts, whose space do we occupy

5. S-word

S-word Member

[thedope wrote]....If you understood what I am saying of time, you might understand there are many "futures', that we may create probably, simultaneously.

So, all these many futures that do not exist in your present, which futures indeed do not exist anywhere, in any time at all, whether it be past, present, or future, as according to you, they are yet to be created.

Then when, in the future may I ask, are you going to create those many futures that you spoke of in the hour now past.

Please explain, without using terms such as "The Past" or "Before," or "After," how you, in your current present position in time, (which will not be the same position in time when you get around to answering this question,) happened to get there? But then, the "THERE" where you now stand in time, will no longer be "THERE," by the time you answer this question, will it?

In this three dimensional world that your three dimensional body has been formed in, from the information that HAD (past tense) been gathered through the senses of all your ancestors, human and pre-human, (Before "YOU" the mind, ever held any position in time) which body did not exist in your present position in time, but in a time that proceded your current position, one cannot refer to the present without the full knowledge of their past, from which they originated, and the future, which their past and present is in the process of creating.

If one wishes to create some other future, than that which is predetermined by their past and present, they must be prepared to die to who they are now in their present position in time, by changing the past that has made them who they presently are, who, once their past has been changed, the new person, which will not be who they once were in the present which their new past has created, may not wish, (In their once present position in time) to change their projected future, which is predetermined by the new past that they, "who no longer exist," had created.

6. thedope

7. Dejavu

Sword:
    Don't get carried away? : D The will is not imprisoned by the past.

8. S-word

S-word Member

Don't know what you're talking about youngen, the will of what? I know that my will is neither imprisoned in the past or the present, but forever moves on into my, (basically unknown by me,) eternal future.

9. Dejavu

Any, all will.

Changing the past isn't necessary in order to create.

10. S-word

S-word Member

I'm not much interested in what your necessity for changing your past is, but believe you me Dejavu, the you who now exists in your present will cease to exist once you change your past.

I've left them in the desert, on the beach and in the snow,
    On the mountain tops, the river beds, in fact everywhere I go.
    Tiny footprints-----Indentation---- to mark the pathways that I've trod,
    Yet they vanish from the sight of all, except the piercing eye of God.
    And He's always been beside me, since the day I ceased to crawl,
    He watched me take my first small step, saw me stumble, saw me fall.
    Life lets me make my own mistakes, and God---how many have I made!
    But thank the Lord I've learned from them, that's how life's game is played.
    The life I've lived, the guilt, the shame, but I wouldn't change a dot
    For it's made me who I am today, and to me that means a lot.
    O, I'll never be an Einstine, a Rembrandt, or Khayyam,
    But I've gained a greater inner peace, and I'm content with 'Who I Am.'
    Undoubtedly, I'll fall again, mistakes will knock me off my feet,
    But they'll be new encounters mate, past sins I'll not repeat.
    For I store the memory of my crimes, like others store their gold,
    And my treasure house keeps growing, as my future life unfolds.....By S-word.

I may hate the things that I've done in the past, but I treasure the memories of those mistakes, that have made me who I am in this present, and keep me from repeating those same mistakes in my eternal evolving future.

11. Dejavu

I'm not sure how to tell you that you don't need to lie to kick it! : D There's no changing what's done, perhaps you mean changing how I see my past? I take your words in lieu of your meaning, so I can't for the life of me see why I should believe you about ceasing to exist in order to change.

Don't get too set on 'sin' pops! : D Why should more mistakes fill the void of your past ones? Did you learn so much from them you imagined you might never stop learning from them?! Store up your successes instead as you will successors in your stead.

12. S-word

S-word Member

If you choose to continue making the same mistakes, that have caused you so much suffering in the past, over and over again, and choose to forget the pain caused by those mistakes, and in so forgetting, commit the same errors again, then you go for it.

Myself, I will continue to store up the memories of every mistake that I make, in order that I will not repeat them and have to suffer all over again. Who bin teachin you youngen?

Store up your successes instead as you will successors in your stead. HMMMMM.

There's no changing what's done, Then there is only one possible future, and that is the future that your past and present creates.

I can foresee a possible future if I remain on a certain course of action, but it does not exist, it is only a possibility. By changing that which I am now in the process of doing, that possible future, which would be determined by my current actions, need not come into existence if I change that which I am currently doing.

13. Dejavu

I didn't mean to boast about my self storage gramps. O my self learnin. I wasn't taught the fearful fable of history a repeatin' on itself. Or at least historys innocently foistin it upon me never amounted to nothin but a sort of laughter at the idea. It's a shy sort of laughter! But it can build and break and roll and crash too! It's a sort of light! : D

14. S-word

S-word Member

Don't know where you come from, but your language never evolved over here and it's all foriegn to me, If I can't understand you, it's useless talking to you, go back to your mate thedope you seem to be able to understand one another. I certainly will not be responding to any more of what is to me, "Senseless, and meaningless, banter."

15. Dejavu

Sorry you feel that way. I'm always around if you change your mind. Wanting to understand can work! : D

I'm so foreign I'm a native, mate.

I could be wrong, but I'm much more ancient than you, so please don't feel any more affronted by my ageist remarks than you have the wrinkles for ;D

16. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Okay guys, lets remember that this thread is for Bible questions, answers and the discussion of those answers.

I know that in doing so sometimes we get beyond that and at that point it is time to stop and return to the purpose of the thread.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

17. S-word

S-word Member

That's alright mate there will be no more discussions between this old seventy year old Aussie, with people who speak in a language that cannot be understood, I am a man of my word, once I say goodbye to someone, they cease to exist.

18. Dejavu

I still exist! You mustn't have said goodbye the right way! : D

This thirtyfouryearold aussie is a man of his own. If I belong to anyone else, it's not in non-existence!

19. thedope

I just don't see the need for historic, or pre- historic?, revisions of revised versions of biblical text in the face of the prescient tasks of life. Does yet more theological brilliance add the specter of love to our relationships? Our new friend doesn't understand that we understand him, even though they might not be used to arguments geared toward light rather then the contention of defending belief.

To me the relevance of bible questions is not in ascertaining appropriate history or proper dogmatic expression but how we turn the wisdom that can be found in scripture into a well spring of abundant life. Certainly symbols can be interpreted in many ways and given to the holy spirit, will be translated in a way that is unmistakable to you. What is unmistakable to you, may not be unmistakable to me.

So to be fair to s-word, the theology is lovely, sophisticated, inspired, creative, but wholly irrelevant at large. So while it would be lovely to engage s-word at the level of his theology, it would be pointless. It is his, well practiced rap, no one knows it better than he.

But there are other telling points and those are characterizations of phenomena like time which require empirical familiarity. I know of exactly the space that s-words poetic discharges emerge from and that realm is every bit as subjective as the mind that cultivates it. We need be circumspect always in relation to our own hype.

20. S-word

S-word Member

This is good advise that you give to those who suffer from delusions of grandeur. those who apply to themslves the scriptures that are in referrence to our chosen King and High priest, Jesus.

From the universal dictionary "GRANDEUR": Personal dignity or proud bearing, often of an unwarrented self-important kind.