Best countries to visit in Europe?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by arcantos, May 17, 2007.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Because they voted themselves out. It's not attached to the mainland. Unorthodox motorsports categories. Can't understand their English. Still feudal, which makes me jealous. 2 hours behind.

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

How can we have voted ourselves out you nutter we have always ( and always will be ) part of that Continent !
    we voted out of the EU Thats all I like Europe and being European
    and Motor racing ?? Think you will see a few British flags here !
    List of Formula One World Drivers' Champions - Wikipedia

3. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Out of EU
    Not Europe

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There's a village in Portugal with my surname, would love to visit it sometime. Best we can figure that's where my dad's family comes from.

5. Rots in hell

Portuga
    l is Nice we have been a few times I like Alburfeura

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I meant motorsports categories as in like.. The British touring cars are like 4 cylinder buzz boxes. :p like an Asian category. Sewing machine engines. :p

And a union to me is unity, united? So once the people vote themselves out I feel like they don't want that unity, so they no longer wanted to fall under the umbrella of a European Union hence why I feel they should no longer be European, they are the United Kingdom of their own nations.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

But European Union is not Europe.
    Two completely different terms, with veeeery different meanings.
    You feel they shouldn't be European because they don't want to be in EU?
    That is just ridiculous.

Apples and oranges

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I actually had a really long post written up about why I don't think certain countries should be Europe but once I went back and read it I found it to be quite humerous so I knew it would be taken literally and not as light Hearted as it's intention like pretty much everything I say gets misconstrued.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

If those certain countries are in Europe, then they will always be in Europe.
    It's basic geography. Unlike EU.
    It doesn't depend on your opinion, on a country's culture, your feelings or whatever.
    If it's in Europe - it's in Europe, and nothing can change that.

10. Rots in hell

Only in England ( why would you want us )

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never said it had to change or that it should change or anything like that though. These are just my thoughts. I don't expect anybody to agree or understand, or even take my thoughts seriously, or why it's even thought that I would take my own thoughts seriously. I don't understand why something so trivial upsets people.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's a forum.
    If you express your thoughts, no matter how funny or trivial, people are bound to comment.

Besides, most of HF is trivial. Yet we post and argue all the time

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't really agree with the geographical standpoint. Once upon a time someone dissected the continents and said alright at this line here the north is Europe and the south is Asia. And the to America. Someone declared okay this line here, south is south America and the top is north America. It got written in a book and then that's that, that's what we know the world as today. But they're still just imaginary lines.

Remember the geographical solar system charts? When I was at school Pluto was a planet. And then it wasn't a planet anymore so things can change. Now it might even be a planet again so I believe with enough huffing and puffing, we have the ability to change anything we want which would surface zero consequences. It's not like history is going to change.

So under the jurisdiction of planet earth ruled by Irminsul there would be changes. :)

UK is out, it is now the continent of the United Kingdom. Russia can have its own continent too. Mediterranean countries will now fall under the continent of the Mediterranean and Spain will be Mexico 2.0 because I feel that Mexicans portray better Spanish roots than the Spanish. :p

Turkey is also out of the EU. That's the most misplaced of them all. Actually they can have their own continent just for them called Turkey seeing as I don't feel they realy fit in with anything around them.

Small islands will not be colonised into a continent. They're just islands and can have their own identities.

I would also segreate Asia somehow. Maybe China and Mongolia have their own continent called Chongolia. :p

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And Canada can be the continent of Canada.

See with an ever changing world and country shift in 500 thousand years all of our continents aren't even going to replicate anything like we have today anyway or there'll just be waterworld in any case.

So it's time to make a stand and I've chosen to make this world mine. :p I would no doubt live on my own fictional continent with a spaceport and I would inject saturn with concrete so it is no longer a gas giant but a big ass concrete giant. Smooth like a marble too. And that would be my new home planet.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Fine

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ohhhhhhhhhh have some fun. :p life's too short to be serious. You should know almost every aspect of my life is fantasy. The real world is a scary place and I don't like what I see. This is all a personal justification to make me smile and have a bit of fun. I don't actually believe it, but it gets me through the day.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Cool

18. Rots in hell

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

#TeamPangaea

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The meme with the clown from batman with his anguish frustration of "why so serious" I always browsed past it, meant nothing to me. I see where that clown is coming from now.

Aerianne likes this.