Being Nude at Home with the Parents

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by jac045, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jac045

jac045 Member

Please remove thread

2. Paper_Planes

Paper_Planes Member

Some familys are 'naked families'. Others aren't. I live with my parents and my younger siblings and none of us have had a problem being naked around eachother. My brother and I started to cover up a bit more when we hit puberty but thats because you get kinda self concious as your body changes. But i know if i wanted to be naked in the house it might cause problems. For example, i can't imagine my mum wanting to sit and watch tv with me when im naked! Just because its not the norm and its not what we are used to here.

With regards to your parents, you should remember it is their house and if they are uncomfortable with you being naked around the house then you kinda need to respect it. When you get your own place be as naked as you want!

It would be nice if people could be more accepting and more comfortable with nudity but this world is obsessed with covering up things that are perfectly natural and beautiful. Ask them if they are cool with it and if not, you just gotta respect it and cover up! But your mum brought you into this world naked and saw you growing up naked so why should it matter now you are older?

Love X

3. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Paper Planes is right on this one- in your parents house you have to respect their wishes. I'm sure you'll have opportunities elsewhere to be nude.

4. nude girl

nude girl Member

I started going nude when my Dad wasn't home. Then started laying out by the pool. One day he came home early and caught me completely naked outside. I was surprised that he didn't freak out. He was actually really cool about it. I told him how much I enjoy being naked and he said that he was o.k with it. So i began going naked when he was home. I would walk to my room from the shower or lay out by the pool on the weekends. I told him that it wouldn't bother me if he wanted to go nude as well. It took several weeks, but he finally joined me and got naked while spending time outside. We had a great day and now nudity is not such a big deal.

joker69 likes this.
  5. jac045

jac045 Member

please delete

6. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

I'm 28 y/o and have been living the nudist lifestyle since I was 20. I discovered nudism while on vacation in France. I happened upon a nude beach and was lucky enough to meet some really awesome nudist and was invited to their home. It was my very first experience with family nudity. I knew then and there that I wanted to live like them. When I returned to the states. I told both my parents about my nudist experience and that I wanted to live nude at home. My dad, who does not live w us (divorced when I was 10), said he was OK with it, but that it had to be up to mom to make the final decision. Mom did agree but with conditions. Mainly no nudity if we had company including my friends and no answering the door naked. The first week or so was weird for me and I'm sure it was for mom too. Being the only one naked wasn't quite what I had expected it to be. But over time I got used to it and now I don't even think about it. At home I am usually always nude. Mom too is very comfortable with my nudity. She even makes playful comments about it. I wish I had known about nudism as a young boy. I asked mom if I had asked her to let me be nude when I was a boy, would she have let me? She told me yes she would have. There is nothing sexual about my home nudity. Its how I have chosen to live and my family accepts it.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think there is a taboo around this in America. People are confusing being naked together with happening to see each other naked by accident occasionally in the bathroom. There's a difference between by accident and on purpose. :)

8. jonyoungau

jonyoungau Members

if i ever had kids and they have the same life choices i would let them if they don't want to wear clothes. people who grow up with nudity as a norm i find tend to have better body acceptance with others and themselves then people who dont