Being Canadian

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MorphGirl, Jan 30, 2017.

1. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Since you believe I have been dishonest, please explain how exactly? I have given actual facts to things here. I live it. Have lived it. As I said, read the charter and about Quebec, language police... read for yourself. I can tell you things but honestly suggested you read for yourself. Th book I linked will give a very accurate account of laws passed in this country and things done to this country that are still effecting the country today. Yet you choose to disregard and give uninformed responses as to facts I have stated about Canada. I certainly would never tell you how things are in your country. I know some things but not everything. I do not know all the laws. Nor would I suggest I do, but I do know a lot about my country. So yes I have given you respect in the past. So great, another dingleberry... just what is needed around here.

There is a lot wrong with this country and number one is that the charter disregards English heritage while acknowledging and giving special rights to miniorities, immigrants and French. Imagine being told there is no such thing as a Dutch person, of no such thing as a German. I have been told there is no such thing as a Canadian and this is something that th government has pushed as a belief.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lets get this straight: who's been getting personal for no good reason all the time to who? Me or you? I don't care one bit about those attempts. But if you gonna portray it like I am not giving you enough respect I will just laugh in your face and call you a piece of stool right now.
    Just because I generally ignore your personal insults doesn't mean they don't influence my perception of you. You should be glad you're still getting any serious reactions.

About my status and what you think of me: why in the name of all that is holy should I care about what you think about me?? I don't. I don't know you, I don't value your insights to this point because you have been as convincing as a door knob (door knobs are more sincere though) and I only continue to react on topic because of the issue you talk about, not you personally. So please, be aware that the way you get treated on here is all thanks to how you act yourself. You're kidding no one so far.

3. Asmodean

Several people explained to you several times that bringing a fact and then connecting your opinion to it as truth is dishonest. Yes you brought a fact, than you twisted it. I'm not gonna look up the exact posts, maybe you should if you forget already.

Yes, you tried to kiss my ass several times by telling me how great we are doing over here :-D Just another tactic nobody fell for. You tried it with others too. It's hilariously obvious. Your subtile attempts to get personal when you get told the truth (no canadian that took notice of your ramblings agreed with you) are not subtile enough either.

4. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

So how is calling me a he not an insult? You suggest I lie about my gender. I don't... a vieled way of suggesting I lie about everything as you align with rolling. Lol. Good luck With that.

I have suggested you read for yourself rather than take my word for it or anyone's. More than I can say for the others who simply refute the facts.

5. Asmodean

Like I said, I give you the same respect as you give your convo partner. You are being insincere and chronically off with your arguments, even you can't deny that half of the stuff is completely irrelevent and has more to do with your dislike for your current PM and his dad. It's really hard to take you seriously at all in that regard, as you seem to acknowledge constructive criticism in your next reaction, than do the same over and over again. So you should be glad some people were still trying.
    When you get personal or busy parrying you will get treated with the same amount of respect. This is not on me but due to yourself.

I thought the number one was healthcare problems or poverty? And we have had the exact same discussion here in the netherlands: you just interprete that statement wrong. You take offense because you can't handle the government is catering more to the big liberal minority than the big traditonal culture that used to be the clear dominant one. As explained this (traditional dominant culture diminishing) is happening here too, not just due to other cultures or the 'fact' the gubberment is denying us our dominant culture. Same over there. You portray it as that. When you do you bring in arguments like the street names in a particular area and other kinds of stuff that nobody else here sees as a clear sign of the goverment being against your dominant culture.

6. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Number one problem with new immigrants who come is lack of assimilation and lack of communication, lack of programs available to help them understand the apparently non existent culture that is here according to the government.

A guy who sat next to me in college. Lived in Toronto for ten years. He did not know a word of English. He was given an interpreter for his entrance. I took the time to draw for him so he understood the project he had to do. Next to me he learned the lnguage a little, but 10 years he remained in this country with no need or desire to learn the language. This is common. This is something wanted by the government,

The number one problem with our forever changing charter is that it completely denies English culture but recognizes every other ... French immigrants and minorities, denying a majority exists, denying the English culture British, Scottish culture, Irish culture which are tied together. culture that has has a strong history in this country, removed... third class citizens. The French do not say sorry in this country. It is reserved for the English silent majority who do not have the priviledge of being a distinct culture and rewarded for it in this country. Natives have not been recognized either. Some have while others are not.

Number 1 problem with programs available to all people who are citizens in this country is the government abuse of tax payers funds, the disregard for programs the government put in place, taking that money no using it where ever they want and slowly taking away the things that were once covered ipunder that program. And we wonder why privatized medicine is making its way in? Because the government is not providing proper health care and ar too busy spending money outside of this country, on people who don't live here. And yes we have places that are living in extreme poverty, native communities.

7. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

Good post! I agree, we are all Canadians!

1 person likes this.
  8. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Lol. I just read your post asmo... sorry I don't kiss ass, I think that is fairly clear. Might have just been tired of it. :). But kiss ass ... never. If you read it that way I am so sorry to have mislead you.

I do love the Netherlands but that does not mean I am kissing ass when I told you that. It is a country I have loved visiting, when I found out you were there I let you know. This does not mean ass kissing asmo. Lol. Showing you a sign does not mean ass kissing either asmo. Ass kissing is to flatter or perform favours excessively, Most certainly never did that. Lol

As for no. Canadian took notice, none of them called themselves or referred to themselves as Canadian, if you noticed that at all. And ones who do consider themselves Canadian do not generally say it.

Like someone said, they do not identify themselves as Canadian, even the people who have have been here since ww2 do not.

The silent majority does not express themselves in Canada, Canadians do not speak up. I am a rare find here asmo, because I speak up. That is reserved for the special groups in this country usually, to which the charter identifies. :)

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Holy shit! I had that exact hat when I was 10 years old

1 person likes this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

they sell that crap at the tourist trap ''Canada'' stores here...you don't see many of us wearig them....maybe at Canada day celebrations/.....lots of people think it is a moose on the quarter....it is a caribou

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

this is a typical Canada day with everyone having a blast looking for their identity :)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my dad has a moose hat

its a nice one ..cant find anything like it on the web

he also has a shithead hat...large realistic turd pile on the brim

1 person likes this.
  13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

they probably still sell the shit head hat up at wasaga beach...I remember them on the main drag

Canada's Wasaga beach is the longest fresh water beach in the world.....as a Canadian I like to point out the cool shit about my country :)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Interestingly enough I didn't get that moose hat in Canada. When I was a kid I used to rock that hat going down the ski slopes. When my parents lost track of me, they'd ask around "did you see a kid with a moose hat go by here" until they found me.

I spent 2 months of my childhood in Alaska, and it also used to bug me when someone didn't know the difference between a moose and a caribou.

2 people like this.
  15. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

You know what is even worse? When people don't know the difference between a caribou vs. reindeer vs elk vs. Moose. Lol

16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

We call them INUIT (pronounced een-wee, though most people aren't aware). They speak inuktitut and, for some reason, are brilliant mechanics - quickly fixing machinery even out on the ice or working as aircraft mechanics up north. They are very hospitable.

Although they share many social issues with natives tribes further south, they seem more positive or resilient. I'm not sure how to describe it but they seem less depressed and hopeless.

Not all Inuit are Canadian. They also live in Alaska and Siberia.

Eskimo comes from the French - esquimaux and means something akin to "eaters of raw meant" so it's fallen into disfavour, since they mostly eat storebought these days (although whale and seal blubber are still delicacies)

I;ve visited Resolute Bay, Devon Island, Arctic Bay and Pond Inlet

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^^......Suddenly It Becomes Perfectly Clear Why You Behave As You Do....LOL....:smileycat::smileycat:

Cheers Glen.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Ha Ha.....Just Watched Part 2......:smilecat::smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor