Being Canadian

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MorphGirl, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No horns. =p
    I remember, blistering heels though. :unsure: not even blisters really. More like just take the skin off lol.

I used to have a really old chest, it was like a treasure chest but it wasn't as solid it just looked cool. Actually, I think it's still in my parents garage and on the sides were brass statue artwork. May have even been a scene from a Christian tale I'm not sure anymore. I should get them to take photos.

Anyway it was basically my toy box. I hid everything in it. Clever right? If my sisters wanted something they surely never look inside that treasure chest... :rofl:

My clogs stayed in there since I remember wearing them last which I don't even really remember wearing I just know I have some and I've seen photos of us young girls tap dancing away.

I wonder if they're still inside? I might email my folks and ask to find the chest even just for the picture of it because I'm interested in seeing what the sculpture on the side is all about now.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've a fascination with chests. :D

I think from lego pirate days I just wanted lego with chests and the gold. Lol. And that's pretty much me in a nutshell 20 years later too. Gotta get dat $$

I want a ridiculously heavy and expensive wooden chest with bolts and locks at the end of my bed for the linen and blankets etc. a nice long deep one, with maybe hidden compartments for toys. >.>

3. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

And when I was there too, I went to this guys mothers house to do laundry. She gave me some blue dutch china thing, a cow that was to put milk in. LOL Something I noticed there, a lot of people have little ceramic cows in their windows or somewhere in their houses LOL that is if they don't have a cow of their own.

Also on KLM which I love flying by the way, they gave me a little blue china house thingy with whisky inside it. LOL <3 If you don't own a cow you must have one in your house somewhere. :)

There is a moosehead beer you might like to try while wearing a moose hat. :)

[​IMG]

If you come to visit we can have moosehead. I don't like beer much and am not a big beer drinker but my brother in law swears by it.

Here is a common example of street signs in another language in toronto asmo and Irminsul

, this one is just one of many and this one is on Danforth avenue in the greek section.

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000DDuuJk43qq8/s/650/650/Toronto-greektown-02-street-sign.jpg

this happens in china town as well and other areas. :) Gwartzman's is a really good art supply shop in toronto that I go to which you walk through china town to get to it. I have lived in many areas around this city and know it well

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Now all you need to do is send me one of their antlers and I can make a moose drinking horn for the moose beer. :)

5. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Yes we have those too. Moose head hats.

Or just something like this? as you get drunk on moosehead beer we can have a ring toss. :)

[​IMG]

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well that's a bit childish that one lol. I was thinking like Mickey Mouse, but with antlers. :D half the size of what this kid is wearing.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Here we go. :)

[​IMG]

This is something you'd find at Oktoberfest lol. I have a similar one except it's a wolf and his paws comes down like PomPoms. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

greektown has an English sign on every corner with the greek signs......nice try though..show the google street view

9. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Yours is good,.., I might even wear it. we could find moose hard hats with a straw for you I am sure,

Or this one is pretty cool and look he has the Quebec flag behind him.
    Canada has a pretty big October fest by the way in my province. Any reason to have a beer :). Or many

[​IMG]

10. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Or maybe one like this lol. The cool unique party hat

[​IMG]

And you know, childish is always a little fun when you can get away with it... cause a hat with moose ears is childish! Lol

11. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Oooh, I like this one. I think I might buy this one

[​IMG]

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's cute but I think it's a cow. :D

13. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Yes or a baby moose... the Dutch like cows. Lol

Oh did you ever see the video of the guy who picked up a baby moose and brought it to a coffee shop?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDSqKpVO4xk

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nooooo and I almost never watch what anyone tells me to watch either. Sorry but I'm always listening to my music and find watching videos I wasn't interested in in the first place to really irritate me as my music drops in and out. :D

You just don't mess with this white girls music playing. :D

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think we already concluded that even if they would all be in greek it still doesn't take anything away from Morphgirl or the dominant culture in Canada. A huge amount of immigrants from arabic countries not being obliged to learn english is a more viable concern in that regard. Although I'm not sure to what degree that really is a problem in your country either. Did Canada even take in a big amount of refugees in the first place? And are none of them busy with integrating by learning the language? I have the feeling that is arguable ;)

16. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Ah what kind of music do you like? I might be able to find you a Canadian band that you never heard of and really really like like or really really hate.

Just for a little Canadian In here. I live and have lived in areas ... actually walk the streets and know how it is here and how street signs are. Unlike some. :). Skip the next three paragraphs if you want . Lol there will be light hearted at the end.
    ----------------------------
    There is a history in this country that since Trudeau the 1st they have tried to ignore. The charter of rights and freedoms .. the liberal party completely alienated the west ... and English speaking people. The Trudeau family tried to have a mountain in BRITISH Columbia named after them and there is a very good reason they said fuck you trudeau. No mountain for you and your family name will not enter this province.

Like putins rewrite if history where by their history books paint Stalin and a great, compassionate leader who did a lot of great things for his people and country. the first Trudeau has tried to remove a piece of history and culture in this country. Completely alienated the west. Denied one culture while promoted and supporting only his province, his French province. He had people who write biographies about him that are full of lies and completely inaccurate. This was a man who rode through the streets of Montreal dressed as a German during ww2 for fun and to bother Jews. He was a nazi supporter and fascist. The mass majority (English) are the mediocrity that Trudeau family referred to when talking of Canada to immigrants and miniorities, because he certainly never said it to an English person. He was a charismatic speaker. His son is too, and was breast fed on this kind of thinking. Cuban missile crisis was very real, yet Trudeau remained friends with Castro... a man who lined up his own people and shot them, a man who bombed boats of refugees trying to escape. For what? Cigars. I think there is pictures of Castro holding Justin as a baby. They were more than just friends. And the charter completely denies a culture that is in this country and has strong roots.

Current Trudeau likes dictatorships. He is trying or wants to change the voting process here that has been in p,ace for a long time simply because it is the British way. One which will ensure that the liberal party is always in power. The system will give MPs who could once vote on bills to be passed to be put in the catagory of non voting status. liberals want to remove the voice of the people and their representatives in parliament who are not liberal. Like BRITISH Columbia MP Elizabeth west who is pleased to be included in the process but perplexed by her non voting status. This would also get rid of referendums.
    ----------------------------
    Now fior some fun info. :). Did you know that it is legal in Canada to urinate on the right rear wheel of you vehicle in public? Yes when you visit this is something you might want to try. I think this might be a law that really only works for men. Perhaps this is something we ought to spend lots of money on so that where we can urinate as women can be added to our rights and freedoms too. Lol.

Let me know what kind of music you like and maybe I can shoot you in the direction of something you might like to listen to that is Canadian. :)

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

still waiting for morphboy to show us google strret view of that same sign...he's a fucking liar until that happens....

you can entertain him.....

18. Asmodean

I experience it more as the opposite :p He's all over the place with his dislike for both Trudeaus.

19. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

See asmo, lol. Some people like to lie about others gender even and are so angry and obsessed, all they can do is stalk and attack. Some people stiick to others like a dingleberry, that is all that person is to me. :). ah you too? Lol You might end up in the same status with me as rolling is in soon. You were saying something about respect? Thanks for it. Lol. I will show you the same. :)

The reason that one has little to say about anything is because he knows nothing about this country of its history. Votes for weed legalization and change but has no idea what the person truly stands for. Perhaps has started to read a little now but is absolutely uninformed about anything

20. Asmodean

I am giving you the same respect you have dished out. You have been dishonest in delivering your arguments, it's not like your fellow forumers forget such a thing after some fun banter. The first rule of the internet concerning insincere people is that they get portrayed as a basement dwelling man with egg stains on their shirt (because 4 out of 5 times they are just that, ok maybe minus the egg stains :D).
    So when you parry an on topic post about immigrants not learning your language (something you brought up yourself as a serious concern) and react to it with a bunch of irrelevant issues regarding your former PM (oh my he almost had a mountain named after him) you can expect a less serious post from your fellow forummer as well. I know you are just waiting to discredit me, which is kind of funny regarding your expressed concern about being dismissed as a racist when you make a point regarding your diminishing dominant culture. You use the same tactics you are acting butthurt about. You should be glad when I adress an on topic point you brought up yourself first. But you like to go around it, which is already an indication of how you deal with your concerns, your motivations and how you react to people when they get challenged. Try again :)