Beginner Seed Strain?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding and Seed Strains' started by RiffRaff, Sep 6, 2011.

1. RiffRaff

RiffRaff Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Okay, I've never grown before. I've put together a hydroponics, drip system and would like to give it a go (just a couple plants for pesonal use).

What is a good strain (and the best place to get it) for a new person who doesn't know crap about growing?

It's (of course) going to be inside in a limited space. I'm hoping for a dwarf size plant but something that will give you an awesome high.

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Assuming you're indoors if its hydro, just find some bag seed, preferably indica if you want shorter plants.
    You can grow quality bud from just about any genetics. I'd say don't waste your money on "brand name" seeds, run a few crops with free/cheap seeds first. You might be surprised how good regular ol seeds can be when you love your plants, and have fresh harvest.

3. Drumminstoned3

Drumminstoned3 Guest

Man just get some Kush seeds, Taking since you know about drip and hydroponics im sure you know about how to actually grow pot. Cause ya dont just throw a seed in the dirt. If its hydro like Hunter said man get that shit growing, use 1000 or 1500 watt highpreasure sodium vapor lamps . Try somethin too, 2 weeks before you harvest cut the top bud and then pour a bottle of good robotessum in the soil, The good shit tht you go robotrippin on, vicks44 too. Cut and trim tht shit an smoke up. Man if yall love processed shit put all the leaves in some rubbin alcohol, get out the crystals an let dry man. :) i take youll find a good purpose for it. :) Happy smoking

4. RiffRaff

No Drum, I have no idea what I'm doing. lol

The closest thing I've come to growing is smoking some. Oh, a friend and I once found some coffee cans with MJ plants in them on some property she just bought.

I haven't even smoked any in like 35 years man. I understand I'm in for a big surprise. Even though a lid costs a way lot more now, it's totally awesome stuff these days compared to the 70s shit.

I probably shouldn't be talking so openly about this on here. Some narc is probably tracing who and where I am. lol

Thanks for the tips.

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

All skunks can be grown with one arm tied behind your back. As above kush another easy strain. Bag seeds are ok but you could be setting your self up for heartache later in the grow.

7. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

I'd agree with the bagseed part, (well all of it:) ) I just recommend that because its good to start with less investment and make a few mistakes, rather then spend $ on good seeds to make mistakes.

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

bag seed is dependent on the bag it came from...commercial high quality weed is absolutely fine to pull a seed and grow from

riff..you should know the posters that can actually guide you through this...personally i dont grow inside..too limiting in my circumstances....i strongly suggest you start with double the plants you want to finish with...you can always toss the extras

where are you right now with the grow?

9. RiffRaff

I haven't started the grow yet. I still need to order seed and finish assembling the system.

10. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Member

Weeee! This link had pictures included in them. Thanks alot. I bore easily if it's all in text. The forumulas and techinical thingies still make me dizzy :)

Hope to see your progress too. I myself is planning to give growin a shot. I'll just be using a regular pot though.

EI Rolling! I was just to ask about this 'bag seed' in the other thread. I just ask it here. So as suggested, any bag seed will do. But what If I don't know which kind of seed it is? Is it just ok to bury it in dirt and wait for it to grow?

11. RiffRaff

That would be nice if I had a connection to buy from. :(

I can get some for $400/oz, and he won't break it down smaller but the hell with that. Hell, I thought $40 was too much back in the day!

12. SeverineComplex

SeverineComplex Member

Wait, are you serious? I NEVER knew that- you just put a marijuana seed in the dirt and it grows? Why the hell have I been paying for it for god's sake for all these years? Why dont I just have some potted plants of it in my cellar?
    I thought all strains are profoundly complex to grow- female vs male seeds/lighting, temp/humidity, harvesting times/drying it - what the HELL? lol!

13. RiffRaff

I've been to places where guys had it growing in the livingroom along with the other house plants.

So what if you don't know what strain it is? If it get you high then was difference does it make? Only makes a difference if you want to brand it and/or sell it.

No, you don't need a male and female plant to grow it. You only need a male plant if you are looking to reproduce a strain or crossbreed. You don't even need a male plant to reproduce, just take cuttings and make clones.

Also, if you have a male plant in the grow room your pot won't be a potent. There is information on how to tell the difference online (here even). Having a male and female produces more seeds.

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Of course. I think it's a good way to learn how to grow, what's the worst thing that could happen?

If that is a serious question, then yes, throw a seed in some soil. There's a bit more to it but read up a little and go for it.

SOME strains can be hard, (i've only done about 1/2 dozen) but out of those, only one gives me a hard time. All of the others were not terribly difficult at all. Sometimes reading about it will lead you to believe its way hard, but in my experience people make things like temp/humidity and conditions way complicated. You can get reasonably good herb with minimal effort.

15. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

hear is the good word....get Skunk #11

16. RiffRaff

I agree. It may not be as awesome as some out there but hey, you didn't have to buy it so smoke all you want. lol

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

riff ?...400 an O?...holy fuck....its almost worth it to drive down there myself with a cupe lol...what part of the states are you?....in my town[today]i could buy killer indoor for 140-160 an ounce..my god...at 400 an ounce i guess people done lay you on a joint like they did back in the day?

18. RiffRaff

lol i know rolling! Yeah, it's usually 100. Apparently this is suppose to be some really good stuff. Not that good for me. lol

But at 400, no one is interested around here.

19. Andrewmc

Andrewmc Member

Thanks.. Gonna go for this one. Planting Noob 101... Getting all excited.

20. RiffRaff

Update: My daighter moved out of her b/f's and in with a g/f and left some boxes and furniture in the room I was going to use as a grow room. Not really a problem, just move stuff over except she keeps coming over to get stuff out of the boxes. I told her she was interrupting my grow room so I think she's just checking up on me. lol