beer is my drug of choice. what do you know about it.

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by pensfan13, Jul 11, 2012.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

dont get me wrong i would love to have several other spices instead but the risk of jail vs. a legal great tasting drink and the choice is easy most of the time.
    but being how many of you on the forums seem only interested in pot or psychedelics i wonder how much you all know about the only legal narcotic.
    can you tell the difference from a stout to a lager by tasting it?
    do you know the difference between an ipa and a porter without using google?
    im sure this would be a good post for a poll but fuck it, just wondering how many other beer enthusiasts are out there.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The differences between a stout and a lager are like night and day -- in fact almost literally. I would hope even someone with little knowledge about beer would be able to tell the difference.

But yeah, I am a craft beer enthusiast. I have been since 2002.

Belgian ales are probably my favorite, but my tastes have mellowed out a bit over the years, and I find myself drinking more English beers (bitters, etc.)

3. biohazard5500

biohazard5500 Member

+100. Well said.

4. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

every time i see 'pensfan13' i think it says 'penisfan13'

5. fx20736

fx20736 Member

I live to drink beer. good beer. drink it every day.

Pale Ales, IPAs, Porters, Stouts, Belgian Beer, German Beer.

6. JackTheChan

JackTheChan Member

I had a really wonderful english stout recently, it was 20° black beer with caramel. Of course it's not that kind of beer of which you could drink a six pack by yourself, but it tasted amazing. It was barleywine style beer from Ridgeway I think (I can't remember exactly).

Anyway while I am here, is there somebody who's expert on Vancouver pubs?
    I've looked through this article http://yourvancouverrealestate.ca/vancouver-life/2013/02/best-pubs/ (it's kind of funny, that one of my friend was looking through mls listings and ended reading an article about pubs :D) and i was wondering if somebody here's is familiar with pubs mentioned in the article - I am looking for a pub with good European beers, but not for a horrible sum of money. Any experiences or other recommendations (it doesn't have to be on that list)?

7. Redneck66

Redneck66 Member

Life is simply too short for cheap beer! IPAs are my favorite lately. I like stouts and porters but do better with those in cold weather than hot weather. Lagers, eh, take or leave 'em. I love big in-your-face flavors in my ales, including the ones I make. But I did make a jalapeno ale some while back that was mighty good. More or less a Corona clone but diced in a big jalapeno in the last five minutes of the boil. Should've gone with 2-3 peppers, tho. :D

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

or maybe you should have put the pepper in sooner?
    every once in a while i will buy a light beer and dice a pepper and just drop it in my glass. the flavor lasts for about 3 beers in that same glass.

9. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

you guys should try molé beer.

i like stouts and porter the best.
    Taddy Porter and Obsidian Stout are really good

10. Redneck66

Redneck66 Member

Yeah, you might be onto something there, pensfan. Fresh jalapenos can be awfully inconsistent, though. You can buy one that'll even blister your relatives and another from the same bin you can hardly taste.

11. parademorals

parademorals Guest

It's addictive and can cause you a cancer.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

living can cause cancer

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Lost of people are in to home brewing .(USA) On a slightly different note , I remember sat. night live in 1975 a bud spoof they did . A beer called spud , from potatos . A beer made for people in an insane aslyum . I found this http://brewery.org/library/Potato.html . There are lots of home brewing forums http://www.brewcrew.net/forum/

14. crispyLips

crispyLips Guest

It's my energy drink.

15. parademorals

parademorals Guest

It's my everyday drinks and it makes me strong.

16. bornconfused

bornconfused Guest

It's good for my heart, but bad to my liver. Lol.

17. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

i'm just glad i live in a time when quality beer has been rediscovered in the states. i'd hate to be living back when just about all there was was bud, coors and hamms :)

marry me? :snowkiss:

18. Tom1

Tom1 Member

Im a beer drinker too. Mostly like stouts and porters but i quite like any kind or real ale really

Cant be doing with these mass produced largers or bitters. Give me real ale any day and im a happy man.

Its due to my love of beer and wine that i make my own.

Great to see others out there who appreciate a good beer too.

19. Alex0256

Alex0256 Member

I drink Organic Beer once a week. It's really good and I love it, and healthy too.

20. Bud D

Bud D Member

Pbr is good. Sometimes more pricey stuff is in the fridge.