Becoming A Jehovah Witness

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jun 28, 2017.

1. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I once pretended to be a teenage boy when I was actually a teenage girl. NOT ON THIS FORUM. Another one.

The reason I did it was because I liked this one girl, and I wanted her to talk to me like she did a boy. Also, during that time I thought males got treated better than females on any given forum. They can act like complete idiots, and be seen as witty.

ANYWAYS, not one of my finest moments as a forum-goer. She wasn't completely upset at me when I told her, because I stopped her before she did anything. And she knew I really cared about her. But, she was disappointed.

Point is, I think people lie on the Internet because they're scared of the truth. But, yea.. it's not fun being lied to. Several years later I was lied to by a guy for over a year. He didn't lie about who he was, but he lied about how he looked. Which is so weird, because it's not like I would have judged him for his looks, considering how I look. But, I figured it happened because I needed to be punished for what I had done years prior.

2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Imho, meekness indicates a state of consciousness characterized by present moment awareness or deep love , both of which have been extolled by Jesus in the bible. It does not mean servility in any manner.

Death of the personal, through being present or love, can result in emergence of the universal, which is of an eternal nature as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

2 people like this.
  4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Imho, it is the attachment to wealth or possessions that Jesus is warning of here. And a rich man certainly have more possessions and a psychological self-image of social status that he is attached to on account of his superior wealth, in comparison to the poor man who have lesser attachments.

But a rich person who can wisely remain detached from all external objects and possessions recognizing their impermanent nature, have a better chance of accessing the kingdom of God, than a poor person who may be deeply attached to his meagre set of clothes or cattle or possessions.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Jesus is reputed to have said elsewhere that to enter the kingdom, one has to become 'as a little child'. The less attachment one has to both external possessions and to a kind of inflated self image and sense of self-importance, as is often the case with the rich, the easier it is to attain that kind of simplicity. Very few rich people are not attached to their wealth.

And on another level, a lot of them are rich only as a result of the exploitation of others, to whom they consider themselves superior, simply on the grounds that they are rich.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, the recommendation was made from here.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I wish I met asmo in a parking lot

And no I didnt listen to your suggestion that day, but I have it on the back burner for the next obnoxious music battle

1 person likes this.
  8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Aw, you got me all excited.

I would love to meet the both of you in a parking lot.

We can listen to satanic music together.

1 person likes this.
  9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It's great that you turned your life around, but there must be more than one Bible passage that attracted you to the JW.

What do you find attractive about it (without giving us Bible passages please).

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Satanic parking lot meet up, lets do this

11. Asmodean

Apparently his (ex?)wife is a daughter of a JW.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Mmmm hmmmm

13. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

What you are is a fraud. Please don't be telling people about meek and then spout about hacking kids heads off.

Because it exposes you as a troll who doesn't know what he's talking about.

14. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Look! A lot of people are anti-Christian (and anti-religious in more general terms) because of all the beatings, torture, ridicule, killings and underage fucking Christians have carried out from a position of supreme and unquestionable authority.

If children are expected to practice unquestioning obedience to religious figures then those figures must be pure, whereas - in practice - they're a bunch of flawed human beings committing every sin in the book - but behind a mask of goodness, as opposed to the hoi polloi doing the same things but not pretending otherwise.

You sound like an enlisted man to me. Get some education adn you may develop perspective, rather than this slavish cultishness

15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

It's refreshing to know that the non-rich (virtually everyone on the planet) never exploit others - not their children nor their employers, not their families, not whores, not those who are weaker etc. That must mean that virtually everyone on the planet other than the tiny minority of rich people is a truly fine citizen

I define 'rich' by the way, as those who can afford chopper support. Anything less is just 'well off'

16. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Every time I see your avatar I feel calm, Moonglow:) I've never noticed you acting badly in any of your posts ((((((((((((( Moonglow )))))))))))))))

1 person likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Nobody said the poor are flawless. That's not what the bible says or what BlackBillBlake ment. You are distorting shit just as much as the OP.
    I think you're aware of that though so... thanks for playing? :p

Thanks

18. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh,you are so sweet....love to you!

:)

19. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I just think the bulk of the poor (the ones who are militant) are amazingly boring fucking whiners, and I say that being retired on a VERY modest income, but that's because I wassailed the nights away, not because of the rich or the government or some other vague external agency

20. Asmodean

Ah well... not only some of the militants me thinks:

Lol

(not making fun of your modest income btw. I'm in the same proverbial boat, but happily not a boring whiner :))

1 person likes this.