Becoming A Jehovah Witness

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I know that song because Metallica covered it. I was a big fan until my music taste started developing properly.

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

MEEK

"

meek

[mēk]

ADJECTIVE

meeker (comparative adjective) · meekest (superlative adjective)

1. quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive:
      "I used to call her Miss Mouse because she was so meek and mild" ·
      [more]
      "the meek compliance of our politicians"

synonyms: submissive · yielding · obedient · compliant · tame · biddable · tractable · acquiescent · humble · deferential · timid · unprotesting · unresisting"

Meek , as in slave mentality?

Meek as in having Stockholm syndrome?

When I first heard the saying, "The meek shall inherit the earth...."

I thought, oh good, that means deer and other peaceful grazing animals will inherit the earth then.

I am gentle and kind, but I am not going to take shit for too long.....:D

3. Moonglow181

Being gentle and kind is not a weakness. It is a strength.

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Mild, gentle, teachable, humble. Slave mentality. Lol. Hardly. I was a u.s. Marine corps infantry, how easily do you think I let people step on me?

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Who said it was a weakness? Jesus had these attributes

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Yeah great until they talk about hacking off little girls heads. Maybe Glen Danzig can come to your house and hack off your kids head. Great entertainment

7. Moonglow181

I saw what you wrote before. I was not calling you meek...I was just defining meek and saying what i thought about it. I also saw where you said you had over 20 user names....was that 20 different personalities, too?.....and why? Why not just be who you are here....come what may, instead of trying to trick people, if that is what the intent of having several user names here is? I never understood that....or trusted it much, either.

yes, I am humble and all of those things until someone starts with me, and then I can become a monster.....:D....and I admit that,.

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Oh I pretended with Lorna doom to be a girl 4 years ago for a couple weeks. Get over it. I have had 20 different names. Not personalities

9. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Well your not mild then monster

That's like saying your nice person and then proceeding to yell at everyone who you don't agree with

10. Moonglow181

Was i yelling at you? Where? I said some pretty nice things to you yesterday that got ignored, but I did not think much of it. I do not care if people agree with me or not.....but I am entitled to have my thoughts and feelings on things, too.
    Would you rather have people just say...."Yes, master, whatever you say...."
    or do you want people to be who they are?

I have not had any conversations with you, that I know of....i am not sure about the other people you could be here...but as thefutureawaits....I did not talk to you really until yesterday.

11. Asmodean

Regarding the meek that shall inherit the earth... this is the most valuable post about it in this thread (and it consists solely out of bible quotes :eek: ;)):

12. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Did I say you were yelling. Reading comprehension is important

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Just cause a person is poor doesn't guarantee a thing. Obedience to Gods words is most important and a true love for God and neighbor

14. Moonglow181

here is where you said I yelled at everyone I don't agree with, so then I proceeded to ask you where did i yell at you....? Speak from your own personal experience with me, as i have no idea what you meant....here.....heated debates in politics...so what?

15. Asmodean

You're entitled to your convictions.

And yes, being poor doesn't mean EVERYTHING. But with the biblical meek who shall inherit the earth the author(s) clearly didn't mean the rich. How pious they may act.

16. Moonglow181

and this was not very nice....as if you look at what i said...i had a big grin on when I said monster. I don't hurt people or anything.......monster in that I am strong and stand up for myself. Wow, you were the last person I thought I would be insulted by today....:(

I shall humbly go sit in the corner now...:D

17. Asmodean

Why in earth feel insulted by what that person spouts!? You're better than that moonie

18. Moonglow181

Did you miss the big grin at the end of what i said, too? :)

It is called sparring in a way.....

19. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

You met Meliai in the parking lot? Really?

20. The Misfits aren't Satanic. None of their members has ever ascribed to any religion. They are artists. Sometimes artists are dark. That's all. I think they are very creative. I'd wager that 1 in 1,000,000 Misfits fans is actually Satanic and takes their lyrics like serious directions on how to live your life. Rather they are/were fierce individualists that have inspired countless people to stay true to themselves no matter how weird their outlook may be. They have given strength to many people I would consider meek.

"If the Lord don't get me the Devil will but not without a fight." - American Nighmare