Bad Architecture is Aesthetic Terrorism

Discussion in 'Art' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 29, 2017.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

The thing about art is, I may not see what you see, and you may not see what I see. Of course I have a prejudice for my taste. I feel sad you can't appreciate certain things, and I think your taste is dreadfully boring because it is obsessed with how things used to be instead of wondering about how things are and where they are going. There is respect for the past, and there is also constant evolution.

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

And I might add that many if not all of your critiques are very incomplete because youre using this broad brush to paint and you're not even a painter.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Idk, while I might not like some of it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A few schools however, were built a few miles from where I live, and they all resemble prisons. Very plain, box-like structures, one floor. Fenced in.

TImes have changed (architecturally speaking) in just a little over 100 years:

[​IMG]

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The beauty of colonial architecture is it puts all the scrap wood to use as molding, in a proportional manner that obeys something like the Fibonacci series. Modern houses tend to add unnecessary rooflines and windows simply because they have become cheap and make each suburban house look a bit more unique. Personally, I'm waiting to see what architects come up with in the way of printed houses, which can be printed complete with all the wiring and plumbing installed in an afternoon. Skyscrapers are headed in the same direction, with the first ones now being constructed by robots that climb on top of each new level they construct.