Aussie doco on Cannabis addiction and potential side effects.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by stephaniesomewhere, Mar 7, 2005.

1. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

Anyone else watch this one on Four Corners tonight? Very calm and rationale I thought...definitely anti smoking but had some really reasonable points and examples to back up it's take...what do you think?
    :)

2. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

well, I didn't see it but I can say for sure that pot is NOT addicting.

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think my mum taped it

4. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

they didn't really say it was addictive, they seemed to be suggesting that it left some people vulnerable to psychosis...due to a whole range of factors but that heavy (and that means 20 bongs a day) smoking seemed to leave some people vulnerable...tis worth watching stonerbill, never hurts to find out everything there is out there on a subject positive or negative...

not sure myself that I agree with it but then again I am not someone dealing with smokers and psychosis so I don't really know if it is a problem...from my point of view if you are going to do something to yourself then you had better be responsible for it really....
    :)

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh i want to see it, ive not had time lately

6. reefer121

reefer121 Member

one of those guys was saying he smoked when we woke up, before school, between lessons, during recess and lunch, after school and at night time.

if anyone did anything that much i think it would be pretty easy to be badly affected by it

7. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I've learned a lot about marijuana and when it comes to the psychosis thing, it's all in your head. You just have to have power over your mind. It's not that hard. Weak people are teh ones who have problems with pot.

8. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--Hey Howdy! -I smoke every day -all day and I got no negative side affects :) ! -Nothin but good! -Best thing in the world for ya! -I highly advocate it! -But just for the hell of it, whats psychosis look like? -Heh Heh... :)

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think this weakness of the mind isnt always controllable. I think different brains, or different minds, are just weaker than others sometimes

10. Godot

Godot Member

i can say that i've had some problems with marijuana addiction. i guess i'm in the lucky 10%. granted it is downright mild compared to other addictions .

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

err i saw that doco

very inconclusive. they both smoked like ALL day for several years. the chick sounded like she was dumb and the the dude just smoked way too much and was actin super whackdawg in that car footage.

the other teenagers? started smokin at 10? wtf?

lol

plus they said that cannabis activates dopamine. haha waht bullshit. there have been minor studies that suggest that exessive use on rats lowers brains dopamine function slightly. lowered dopamine function is linked to drug addiction. however its also linked to every type of 'achievement' or 'happy' feeling you get from doing something you enjoy. anything you like will stimulate dopamine. its just that drugs like alchohol and meth, they directly affect dopamine function, instead of the natural reaction the brain gives to thigns that reward it. The studies were not that extensive either, its all in the air.

how dare they blatantly lie and misinform the public.

too bad i didnt see it on the night or i would have been all over the 4corners message board :p