Attention Ladies With Long Hair!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Ashalicious, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

What do you do with your long hair at night? Do you sleep with it loose, or tie it back?

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I go with bed hair, or use a ribbon

3. Ashalicious

I can't go to bed with my hair down, it will be completely knotted by the morning time......

I was putting it in a bun, but I think that is causing some breakage around the hairline on my neck...

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

loose

5. Lady L

Lady L Banned

I have thick medium length hair and I usually have it down for bed, because if it's tied up it's quite uncomfortable. However when it's warm I try and fan it out over my head on the pillow. Tis a sight to behold! lol

6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

When my hair was long I had to braid it before bed. Mine is so fine and gets tangled so easily that a ponytail or bun still left it ratty in the morning... honestly now that I realise how much time I spent just to keep my hair from tangling up each day.... I dont miss my long hair.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont miss long hair at all, it was always tangled

But i had long hair for a long time and I slept with it in braids a lot. This has the added benefit of waking up with beachy waves in your hair

8. Ashalicious

I've been sleeping with mine in braids at night, but I don't like the waves I get from them in the morning. I feel like sleeping with my hair in braids is the only way to prevent major breakage throughout the night, though. I roll around a lot while I sleep.

I'd like my hair to grow out longer, but it seems to be "stuck" at its current length.

Maybe I should just chop it to my shoulders? (This is a prime example of "impulsive" me talking)

9. Mattekat

Is it that you don't like your hair wavy at all or is it because when you braid it only the bottom half gets wavy and the top half is still straight? I'm wondering because I discovered that if I french braided the top of my head loosely it was nice and evenly wavy instead of looking weird. When I say french braid I am talking the laziest french braid ever, more like one braid for the top of your head and then just add all the rest in, in a few strands at your neck. I hope I described that right...

10. Ashalicious

It is because the bottom half is wavy and the top half is straight. I do not like the way that looks at all.

I will try the french braid thing tonight...I've never been able to french braid, so this should be interesting.....

1 person likes this.
  11. Mattekat

At least it doesn't have to look good for sleeping! Basically just start a small braid at the front of your hair where your bangs would be and after every few passes grab an extra chunk of hair on the side and add it to one of the strands.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ashalicious

Sounds easy enough, and you're right, it definitely doesn't have to look good for sleeping.

Speaking of hair, how did your at home bleach job go?

13. Mattekat

Lol its happening on friday. The friend who offered to help hasn't had a day off the same as me since the day I wimped out because I was feeling sick. It has allowed me to wash more and more purple out of my hair though since I've been waiting much longer!

14. Ashalicious

Let me know how it goes.

15. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

That's really cool and old school that you a ribbon on your hair. --- What color or colors of ribbon do you use? --- Do you also sometimes use a ribbon during the day to tie your hair?

16. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that tying one's hair back at night can cause a receding hairline/loss of hair, something like that. I would be cautious of this if a female in one's bloodline has had problems with those conditions.

17. RiderOnTheStorm2.0

RiderOnTheStorm2.0 Lizard Kween Lifetime Supporter

Hair is only slightly below the shoulders now, but it was to my ass for 10 years. 95% of the time, I slept with it loose, otherwise I'd braid it and have nice waves the next day.

18. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

I just recently cut my hair to about mid-shoulder blade length which is the shortest it's been in many years. Regardless, i have always slept with my hair up either in a looped bun (as opposed to the twisted ballerina style kind) or a high pony. I keep it loose enough that there's no strain on my head, but tight enough that it won't come out in the night.

I've always hated having my face covered, or having anything lying closely/constricting my neck (ie laying on my hair or having it over my neck/throat area, and tight shirt collars) so that's the incentive behind sleeping with my hair up. Plus, i keep my hair up all the time anyway so usually i don't have to fuck with it when i wake up because of how i keep it during my sleep.

19. Ashalicious

Don't you have breakage from keeping your hair up all the time though?

20. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

Yes, yes i do. Haha -.-'

But my hair is and has always been a thick semi curly mop that legitimately looks like i just got done having ridiculous sex all the time anyway, so it doesn't fuck me up too much.

I shed long strands that just fall out as well as the tinier broken bits in a little rain shower when i brush it out - which only happens once or twice a week at best when i get the opportunity to wash it.