Astrograf - Graffiti Artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by djurba, Nov 24, 2017.

1. djurba

djurba Members

[​IMG]

Focusing on lettering and Wildstyle at first, this self-taught and passionate artist brings his knowledge and technique towards an abstract art which mixes curves, calligraphy and dynamic shapes.

READ MORE @ SEEDOFLIFE

ZenKarma likes this.
  2. jesss

jesss Members

OMG! Amazing work! :openmouth: It is so cool, not like the regular graffity we can see around!

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It is hardly 'graffiti' art. It looks more like art covering up graffiti to me. Hopefully, where he has been allowed to work, the owners of the buildings will maintain and waterproof his work. Otherwise it will look a complete mess within a few months. I could also imagine his work, covering complete walls being used for areas such as foyer and staircase decoration INSIDE an art gallery.

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

there is a distinction between ''urban art'' and ''graffiti''.....the former one has permission and sometimes gets paid..there is NO risk....the latter one has no permission,does it out of the love for graffiti and gets possible jail

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

That's wonderful... street art is so expressively fabulous. I cheered when the locals dedicated an entire highway retaining wall two miles long for street art which revolves and changes with the seasons. Not much organization, but there's always someone adding something creative to the wall.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

read more at seed of life.....

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. ~Zen~

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Most of the later category deserve jail. Their work is mostly just a weak excuse for vandalism.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I disagree.......some are borderline in their choice of tag spots but most are not...

not everyone has the balls to be a berlin kid

10. ~Zen~

Also disagree, without street art we would be looking at huge ugly blank walls or vast expanses of advertising..

It is a challenge to properly manage the scene, so 'ugly' doesn't prevail, but it will most always be about social commentary.

Where blank walls exist, locals should have a say in what is done with said space, whether street art or yet another commercial billboard.

I know I would prefer art over an advertisement...