As Long As He/she Treats Me Well?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Adamskiffle, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I've never really understood people who have the attitude of: 'Yeah, so I know my bf/gf is a dick to other people, but with me he or she is really sweet, so I don't really care!'

Whadd'ya think? Do you only care about how your partner is with you or is how you know they treat other people also important?

Let's here it!

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

It's important, because it's who they are, and eventually, it's probably how they will treat you.
    It's also embarrassing, it's a sod that you feel that emotion just because your with that person at the time..but you do!

2 people like this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Morrow is right. You lose your attraction to a person that treats everyone else like crap. I've seen these type of relationships
    go down the drain quick. I think people like that aren't necessarily bad, they may have trust issues as well as other underlying issues.

2 people like this.
  4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I've found that with any friendship or relationship, if someone treats others badly and only treats me well, it's probably only a matter of time before they treat me badly, too. Like people who gossip. If they gossip to you about others, trust me, when your back is turned, they're talking about you to others. Only a matter of time. If you want to know how someone will treat you in a relationship, see how he/she treats the staff at a restaurant and their parents. That's a good sign of how they'll treat you.

1 person likes this.
  5. jmadre

jmadre Member

Very true.
    Only a matter of time.
    The key is to notice the signs,, then make the decision to move forward.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Off site, I was asked what made me proud of my guy.
    I said I was proud to be on his arm because he is gentle, respectful, positive (mostly, I do get to hear the other side, but in public he's positive), intelligent, gracious... and not a word of that was amended by "to me."
    It is how he is.

I want a whole soul.