Are you afraid of dying?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by granny_longhair, Apr 23, 2010.

1. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have seen a few people die. Watching the suffering of the dying and their families anguish is a terrible thing but to see someone take that last breath and just seem to relax after so much pain is something else.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I wish my experience went like that!
    No no... This poor guy was asking for his mom in the end... And then I told him everything was gonna be alright (which wasnt true) and then my mate blew his head off while he was looking at me... Hella sad. War sucks. Honestly I shouldnt be talking about this because usually it just gets me negative reactions. Fuck it.

3. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Am I afraid of Dying?

Nope.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i make no extravagant claims to bravery, but at the age of 68, i pretty much have to accept that the shell isn't going to last for ever,
    whatever the real me, might or might not experience at some point long after it does.

i still believe in previous lives on alien worlds, whatever may prevail for future ones.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

And if I don't meet you no more in this world
    Then I'll, I'll meet you in the next one
    And don't be late, don't be late

mysticblu21 and etherea like this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

less so with each day

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

I get a med that represses my subconscious. So I am afraid of dying as much as taking a psychedelic. I'm more concerned about others dying and my world changing! I am not very good at establishing worthwhile and trustworthy relationships where I can depend on people. I know I am going to become an 'orphaned senior'.

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I'm scared to death of dying but not actually death itself if that makes sense.

edit: actually death sounds pretty shitty to me but I wouldn't be able to care.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My boys little mouth has gotta eat, so I hug him and hit the streets and I ain't scared of anything like the flames of hell, but my dog without his mamma has me hiding in my shell, it's got me shaking in my boots, to see him face this world alone, will he be strong enough to cope? Or be put down in a home? As I lay him down to sleep, it's all on me his soul to keep. And if I die before I wake, then I pray to Oden up there waiting, with an army full of Valkyries strapped with axes and defying. Since I first became the mother of my dog the only fear I have is dying.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

After all that I have ever done and all that you will ever see.. Life, death, beyond the grave, how will they remember me? I only fear the loss of my voice when it's gone, the only sound you hear is scratches from my pen, I'm a writer by choice. I could cut my fingers off and smoke myself toothless and I'd still get on the forum and spit that shit y'all call ruthless and the truth is? I could be deaf, dumb and blind in one year and if still be the dopest deaf, dumb and blind girl you'll ever hear. No I ain't scared of dying, hell nawh, I been there. Laying in the pine box in the ground for many years. I've returned to this life in forms of reincarnation, I just happen to get lost in translation. And with a loss of expression, pleased with depression, the thoughts of everything ending, is what I'm guessing. Light at the ending, ain't no thing, ain't no how.. Well if I go we all go! As the bomb I'm carrying explodes...

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

If you watch the waves rolling in, you see them crash ashore, and they appear to have been destroyed. However, if you look deeply into the nature of waves, you see that they are made of water. When the wave breaks, it only loses it's outer form; the water isn't harmed at all. It simply returns to the ocean from whence it came, and from whence it had never really left.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Right now? not really, and as a matter of fact I almost died just the other day I stopped breathing in recovery after surgery , saw no light have NO memory of what happened...
    Might I be fearful as death looms nearer? maybe? I am already on the shorter side of this thing called life with WAY more years behind then ahead so.........

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

...Be at peace with your own death...

Death is not some hideous cruel monster lurking in the shadows waiting to catch you unaware

It has simply and quietly been waiting for you your whole life,

waiting to take you home again.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  14. Pobept73

Pobept73 Members

I had a heart attack a few years past and came very close to death. I don't recall being frightened by the thought of death or joining my long dead ancestors.
    FYI - when I do die I want to go where my dead dogs went. The truth is I like my dogs better than a lot of people I know.

soulpoker likes this.
  15. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I'm scared shitless of death but I'm also afraid I'll die alone.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  16. highlander69

highlander69 Members

The thing that bothers me is knowing me or wife will be left alone one day,,Not sure who will die first odds are I will..But?? we in 60 s and last few years lost so many freinds and Family..My brothers wife just died 2 weeks ago they married 50 years..Not sure which be worst leaving her alone or her died first?

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

much as i love to explore the unknown, i'm more curious as to how long i can get away with living. i'm only 72 so far.

highlander69 likes this.
  18. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

What if we return to our birth and there is no such thing as death?

19. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I beleave when die You just don t exsist anymore just like before you were born,,

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

this is an old thread... but I was a member since before that time.. Hmm...

Well, yes. I fear death - painful, terrifying, ultimate, permanent. It's a big unknown, and I think that though we can approach death with an attitude resigned, I don't think I'll ever overcome the fear of no longer living. Until I'm dead... :(

hotwater likes this.