Architecture and psychology

Discussion in 'Free School' started by Alysamir, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Alysamir

Alysamir Member

I'm really interested between the realtion between spaces and human behavior or feelings..and i really need to know from where to begin that search for info.
    so any HELP??

2. jammin1000

jammin1000 Member

You might try some books on human factors engineering.;)

3. waukegan

waukegan Member

and i kind of do it by looking at buildings from differerent eras and think about what the people of those eras were interested in.for instance government buildings and how the government was viewed by the public....i also read about the architects and engineers of structures that interest me to try to learn what they were trying to accomplish.frank lloyd wright would be a famous example.his career spanned some 70 years and his drawings for his broadacre city show his vision for a life setting....landscape archiects frederick law olmstead and horace cleveland's work are interesting in their approach to their ideas on what cities and towns should look to make life more pleasant to the population...rideing bike trails i see the change in land usage.encouraging biceing trails have been built extensively.provideing bike freeways from rural areas right into town.

4. adam

adam sing with me somehow

Try to search "organic architecture". Architects: Wright, Makovecz ... etc.

5. armeranda

armeranda Guest