Anyone remember "The Fabulous Furry Freak Bros."?

Discussion in 'Hip Comics' started by rjhangover, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Actually they are all being reprinted by ripoff press. I actually found a few issues in my local comic book shop.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Yes, they are. Back in the late 70s I used to go to a corner bookstore, I think it was an independent, but I remember Cody's too. I was at both every Monday when the new Freak Bros. came out. They made a smaller Fat Freddy's Cat series too. I think reading those comics kept me from all kinds of trouble I could have gotten into. I have a special edition that's in color somewhere among the boxes of my life. The story had Phineas creating a world faith called Fundaligion. A guy named Andre' who had a bomb shaped like a soccer ball. Fat Freddy lost shitloads of weight after being sold into white slavery ahead of Freewheeling Franklin who was on a ship that was taken by pirates. In one segment some old air force guy was describing going into combat on acid which he referred to as "the right stuff". It included naked women flying transparent Migs. And streamers following all the bullets and missiles. Excellent artwork. If I find it, I'll scan the cover.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

4. WE1

WE1 Member

I loved Gilbert Sheldon and had a couple FFFB t-shirts back in the early 70s.

5. WE1

WE1 Member

ZIPPY went national for a time - appearing in the comic section of numerous big city newspapers.

6. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I have the anthology, Fantastic stuff, he was also involved in Anarchy comics which were hardcore awesomeness, I've got the TPB of them as well.

[​IMG]

I think someone reccomended him to me because they thought he had a similar style to Hunt Emerson, one of my all time favourite cartoonist/illustrators. As a kid I absolutely obsessed over his illustrated version of The Rime of the ancient Mariner.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter