Any translators or/and interpreters here?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by timewarp, Sep 14, 2007.

1. timewarp

timewarp Member

Hello. I've been in the "lingo bag" = the language business-(bi-lingual translator Italian to English and vice-versa) for over 25 yrs. now and I can say that it fed my mind, body and my wallet too. Sure there were ups and downs, but I would never trade my profession for any other. I've done TONS and TONS of other jobs before finally deciding to establish myself with the most natural of my "virtues", that is, speaking and writing in both of my natural languages, English being my mother-tongue. I have noticed that many people have got things distorted on this profession...it's NOT an easy job and above all, it's a MISSION. It's very gratifying to know that you're the interlocutor who makes 2 or more parties come together and COMMUNICATE esp in this "dark age" of NON-COMMUNICATION.
    I guess many of you don't know what I'm raving on about, but if there are any colleagues here reading this, they'll know what I'm into.
    Looking fwd to meeting any of you out there and exchanging ideas, etc.
    Providing a link that many of you might know and/or might want to check out...
    www.proz,com

Robert

2. Gerva

Gerva Member

hi, i also work with languages, not only translations, but at the moment i'm working on a medical translation from italian (my mother tongue) into german...and as you said it ain't easy job.it really is a concept job which keeps your brain trained without stressing it though. i like that any time pick a translation you got the chance to get into a new topic and deepen your knowledge.

I'm self-employed and my firm's name is just: "Lingue e Comunicazione"

I also spent a period of time in Australia, a country I love.
    We got different things in common, who know we may start a business or a collaboration.

saluti