An idea that will better the country

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Sign Related, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

What you are about to read will spark the brains that would bring about what could save money and lives.

If we've come along way with computers systems, then why arent there yet ones installed in automobiles, motorcycles, and trucks so that they can react with ones put on all the kinds of roads meant for those street legal vehicles in somehow (like on their street signs which would be read automatically by the vehicle) to make those street legal vehicles not go over the posted max speed limit?

The Max Regulator (which is what I choose to call it) should be only not to effect the speed of ambulances, fire trucks, and police vehicles. It should be a mandated thing installed throughout the country for all the other street legal vehicles.

This max regulator idea of mine, if put into being a computerized 'vehicle to
    street, road, ave, highway, freeway, and expressway' reactive system, would reduce speed tickets to a non-existence. It would also bring about a reduction in automobile accidents which should keep down car insurance one must pay anyway. And there wouldnt be any dangerous high speed chases for police to engage in by those in the regulated street legal vehicles.

So what do you think of this idea? Is this a good idea or not? If not, why not?

2. BJester232

BJester232 Member

There's no way. That would cost sooooo much money.

You would have to install cameras in cars that can read these signs,which would have to be specially designed to be able to be read by these cameras. Then you have to think that these cameras aren't always in direct line of sight with the signs, like if you were in the middle lane on a highway with two vans on either side of you.

Or, to solve that problem, you would have to replace all the signs in the country with these signs that transmit a signal to cars telling them how fast they can go. Then you would have to install a receiver on cars that came out before starting this program. Then you would have to talk all the foreign manufacturers into installing them on their cars to be imported to the US.

More practically, with GPS these days, your car knows what road you are on and the speeds could be saved along with the road names and other data.

But then you have to think about all the people that its going to piss off, and they are going to disable them so they can speed.

The best solution, which they are already implementing, is radar cameras that pay for themselves. Actually it is usually a private company cotracted by the local government to install, monitor, and mantain them. Besides, the government would rather get the billions of dollars in revenue from speeders.

3. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

4. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

No.... i mean, I don't like the idea of a "regulator"... don't we have enough stuff controlling us as it is? If pigs come after us, they could probably use it to stop the car. I like being able to control the speed I go at, plus i like to race :)

5. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Futurist Jacque Fresco was asked about this exact thing in an interview that I once heard. He insisted that it will happen, pretty much for certain. He's an interesting old guy to listen to if you ever get a chance to hear him speak.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=%22jacque+fresco%22&search_type=

He seems to talk more of what will be, rather than what should be, so he can easily be misunderstood as endorsing something that he's not.