America in 20 years.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by forestdude, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Natedog

Natedog Member

Aint that the truth!.. That is the problem with the government, all people care about is their own butts, basically. What happened to serving the people?

Well anyway, maybe if the euro-structure does win out, perhaps americal will become once again a place where people who do not agree with the system can come and practice their own beliefs. That is how this country was founded, and sadly it has grown into yet another system (or is on that course). If that happened, well maybe we can take over what is left behind, and make our own rules.

:)

2. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

we will be all dead-

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"all" is a somewhat larger number then the 95 or so % who live in cities, not all of even them might neccessarily die. it wouldn't take much more then a 10% starve off, let alone 20%, for media to call it the end of something, and a good 40% of the survivors to aggree with them.

now i'm not betting a whole lot on myself being one of those who do survive, but i'd sure love to live to see a depopulated world and the opportunities for creating and exploring and a nature comming back to life that would be.

whatever happens it will be mostly by our own collective hands.

while the diversity of reality guarantees only that nothing will ever be all entirely any one way, in no way does this prevent us from ceasing to adimantly continue destroying ourselves.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. dricas24

dricas24 Member

Is this America alone or every other country? Oh I see the topic well I dont even see myself in America in 20 years.

5. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

the reason why i think we will be all dead is because of war... if the
    messed up countries start throwing bombs to each other then we're all
    doomed. there's no way out there.

6. Patience

Patience Member

If the USA kept its current policies running for the next 20 years, the future wont be pleasant for it!!!!!!

Mostly, it will loose its status as the number 1 country in the world, and another good civilization will take its place.

A civilization that really cares about human rights, freedoms, democracy, ..etc.

A civilization that doesnt have double standards!

7. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

i'm so scared of the future. but i also have a side of hope that things will get better and better and not worse. life in 20 years will either be just unbelievably sickening and depressing and complex or enough people will rise up against our drive for technology and SmartCard and that shit and bring back the simpler life. look at all the people on this website. WE'RE ALL HIPPIES. i think more and more people are turning to the simpler past and longing for it like i do every day of my life. that's why you need to break away from society and do what you know is right. start protesting, start singing songs. LET'S BRING BACK THE 60s. i hope to god enough of you people will rise above the pressures of education to plan your life and "add to the ongoing advancement of society" and protest for a simpler life.