Altruistic things to do if you’re a millionaire

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TrumpCards, Jun 19, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I doubt I’ll ever be a millionaire, but I did think of something nice I could do if I were that wealthy.

First, I buy a house with a lot of bedrooms.
    Then, I hire a woman or two to live out of one of the bedrooms (they live there in shifts).
    Then, I pay these women to become the guardians of young foster girls that live in the other bedrooms.
    Furthermore, I let the girls continue living there even after their eighteenth birthday and try to set them up for life.

If you’re wondering why I picked foster girls instead of boys, well, I’ll admit I’m biased against men (except myself, of course). If I had kids, I would be furious if I got a boy because I would want to disown him before puberty.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'd drop out of real life and become a beach bum

3. lode

lode Banned

I'd have an army of 17 year old girls too, but I wouldn't beat around the bush about it.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well a million isn't that much these days, but i'll take the intended meaning as wealth beyond your wildest dreams of avarice.

a large piece of land and let people build tiny cabins on it and build some myself.
    people wouldn't have to have money, or pay me anything, but there is one stipulation, they'd have to be considerate of each other, including me,
    and that includes being quiet enough not to chaise all the little furry creatures away either.
    the solar powered mini-public transit network i would build would be free to ride on too.

yes there would be a restriction: don't hurt each other and clean up your mess.

music is fine if you're playing an instrument or singing yourself,
    if its a recording or a broadcast, no one else should be forced to have to listen to it.

there are other things besides the little houses and little trains,
    either get the license or someone who can,
    to a species survival area/project for red pandas.

did i mention this would be on a forested mountain they would like and so, of course would i?

food yes, meaning basic ingredients, for people to prepare themselves in their own little huts,
    if anyone wanted communal meals or celebrations, that would be great,
    but that would have to be up to someone besides myself to organize.

places to meditate yes, libraries even.

my own place to live would also be no larger then the space i actually use.

of course i'd through money at all the causes that i believe in that i don't have money to throw at now.

camperland by themnax

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I would be able to start my lifelong dream of starting a Home for Wayward 60's and 70's Muscle Cars.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, this is more of a billionaire thing. a millionaire can write a check to their favorite charity, but buying a house full of barely legal women is way out of their reach. apparently hugh hefner was worth about 110 million when he died, for example. no, not billions, but way beyond a million anyway.