alternative meats

Discussion in 'Meat' started by machinist, Aug 26, 2012.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

ok so i used to be a vegetarian for like 6 months .. only reason i quit is because it became difficult to do so as i continued to exercise more. i've been thinking about eating stuff like kidneys, livers, hearts, tongue more often than my current diet of regular stuff. I figure its better for the environment as it doesn't require more animals to be killed considering that 9.999 out of 10 people that would eat a hamburger wouldn't eat a beef kidney or a stomach or a tongue, etc. i'm also thinking about eating goat meat instead of beef, and eating quail instead of chicken.

it still kind of goes along with vegetarian ideals in as much as being better for the earth.

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I have an uncle in Idaho that always has a ton of rattlesnake meat. Stuffs not too bad.

3. machinist

cool maybe you can get him to hook me up with some.

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Interesting thought.
    Ever heard of beyond meat?

5. machinist

i'm not really into fake meats... if i want protein without meat i prefer other foods.

6. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I've heard organ meats should be avoided. Is this necessarily true?

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

...something has come up and now i cant make it over for dinner so i'll have to reschedule....sorry brother:)

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Rub the lotion on the skin

9. machinist

liver and brain are high in cholesterol, but so are eggs, shellfish and many other healthy foods. so is red meat which is healthy or unhealthy depending who you ask. all organ meats are absolutely packed with vitamins and minerals.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You may as well cut your losses with sausages. Fuck knows what different companies shove in them so you never know, you might be eating exactly what you want to lol.
    If that idea freaks you out, go to a German/Polish butcher or a European Contintental butcher, one that's authentic and just ask what's in sausage/salami. You'll find something you're interested in and it'll taste awesome.

11. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Sorry, haven't heard from him in years. Vagabond. He's probably on the road somewhere.

http://www.rattlesnakerecipes.com/buy-rattlensake-meat/

That lists a few sources for rattler meat, the first seeming the most legit. I think it goes for around $40 a pound though.