Alaister Crowley Thoth Tarot Readings.

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Ged, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Anyone want a Thoth tarot reading. I've been reading my own for the past ten years and I find them very inspiring.. I would love to post up pictures of the cards as the artwork is beautiful, but I don't have a camera to hand. Crowley said the tarot works because it relates to the Cabbala and the cards operate in synch with some kind of cosmic holistic ordering principle, and are therefore neither significant nor non-significant.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Roseycheeks likes this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I spelt Aleister's name wrong. My bad.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Unholy sanctions shall be cast upon you.

Ged likes this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Is that because you think I'm a Russian spy?

Orison likes this.
  5. Asmodean

No, I don't carry out the sanctions. I'm just the messenger.
    But i think you only face consequences for being a russian spy if you displease Putin, or are more like Johnny English. But i don't know anything about that naturally (please don't forget to thoroughly stir your tea muhaha)

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I did a spread for you.

You turned up ETERNITY, THE AEON, PRINCE OF SWORDS and TRUCE.

I hope you are well pleased.

Now we can get down to the cocaine fuelled sex-magic party and then prepare to receive special information from our hidden master up in the Himalayas.

Roseycheeks likes this.
  7. Asmodean

[​IMG]

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

did someone say they had "you only live twice" on dvd?

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I did a reading today and turned up 'Failure' and 'The Hanged Man.' When you get cards like this it is wise to not make a literal interpretation. And it is strange because I haven't felt this good for a long time and in actual fact I feel very successful right now. But these cards do tie in with a recent occurrence in my life. I sold all my music equipment and I'm quitting music. At least for the foreseeable future, if not for good. I'm also quitting art. People said I was good at both but it didn't work out for me and I need to take a new leaf. So I'm currently doing a creative writing correspondence course and will soon also commence studying proofreading, copy-editing and copywriting. I want to learn everything about the publishing industry and commit myself to making a life out of it. I have loads of material and ideas for articles, stories and even a play. I also intend in time to return to work, as in doing a nine-to-five job, after a long period of illness. So these two cards represent to me an end to my old life, a kind of little death.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Coven and Ged like this.
  11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's the most accurate deck I've used.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'd like a reading...but I'm only used to regular Tarot cards. I'm not familiar with the cards "Failure", "Eternity", "The Aeon" or Truce. So, I can't help but think/wonder if there are other cards I'm not acquainted with.

If you know what I'm talking about, do these cards correlate to any (regular) Tarot cards?

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Here is the Aeon:
    The Aeon
    Another factor in a beginner’s decision which path to take, RWS vs Thoth, is the cards themselves. One of the key cards of the tarot deck is Major Arcana XX: Judgement. This card invariably depicted an image of an angel blowing a trumpet calling the dead, according to an old occult tradition. Ironically Waite stayed with tradition on this card while Crowley threw the card out, replacing it with his concept of the Aeon. Perhaps Crowley did this in order to place his religious ideas where he symbolically discarded traditional Judgement. Crowley’s occultist vision of history may not have placed the tarot’s origins in Egypt so much as it placed the origin of religious practices there. Here he took the visionary opportunity to introduce the dawning of not only a new era, but a whole new Aeon: the Aeon of Horus. (The then-current Aeon allegedly belonged to Osiris, the equivalent of Christ.)Rider-Waite vs Crowley-Thoth

Here the whole deck is: Tarot cards explanations - Major Arcana & Minor Arcana - Raven's Tarot Site

Ged and Lynnbrown like this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i use phillis gotlieb's cat people's tarot. that is when i even think about using it at all.
    haven't in ages though. i'll have to see if i can find it before i have anything really to add.
    i know i made a nice synfur pouch for it with a leather arm band thing around that.

Ged likes this.
  15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Would anyone be willing to draw me... Er whatever? I uh... Never participated in something like this before.

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

And the lesson is...never lend your tarot cards, even to a so-called best-friend. You will never see them again... that's what happened to my Crowley deck, but no fear I have four other decks, including Morgan's Tarot for hippies created in NorCal back in the 1960s.

The Crowley deck was a bit weird for me, I must say, perhaps it is best it is gone.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You turned up these cards. I'm not so hot on the interpretation so you'll just have to enjoy the pictures:

upload_2018-9-30_15-54-0.png

upload_2018-9-30_15-55-0.png

upload_2018-9-30_15-57-8.png

upload_2018-9-30_15-58-34.png

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well they do look pretty.

Faelixx read me, it was pretty cool.

Ged likes this.
  19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well you successfully avoided The Hanged Man, Debauch, Ruin, and Oppression.

I get those all the time.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

McFuddy likes this.