Advice for high anxiety?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Thekarthika, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

So I used to smoke every day just fine. Could get as high as i wanted to and nothing bad would happen. But one time i got some bad weed and had a panic attack. Since then I've gotten anxious when i smoke, even if i try my best to relax and distract myself I always end up feeling like I'm not breathing right or like my heart is racing and then I get anxious about having a panic or heart attack. Can anyone relate? I seem to have a threshold now and j can get buzzed but not high like i want to

TanekRune likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

CBD will slow down some the effects of psychoactive THC..

If you use high THC content weed only, try eating some candy CBD..

CBD dominate buds themselves smoking shouldnt be an issue with anxiety, look into those strains. "Harlequin" for example..

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps you got some really good weed instead of the other way around.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Possible!

5. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Solid advice thank you

6. I always used to freak out when I smoked. I think it's just one of those Pavlov's dogs things where eventually you learn there's nothing to worry about.

A lot of people probably would have told me to stop, but I'm not one to shy away from terror. All I can say is it can be overcome, cause I did.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I still do, even though I'm a habitual pot head for a decade now the first 15-20mins of a smoke can throw me.
    Sometimes I'm fine, othertimes not and sometimes i go into a mall and ill be happy and fun and don't care if people are looking at me cause im just having fun and being cute but then other times im like... i cannot be here with all these accusing eyes and lousy faces.

8. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

I can relate too. I don’t know how all the different strains have their different effects (generally) so I’m interested in answers here as well. Never fun when you start to get anxious and paranoid when you’re hoping to have fun. Try not to watch the news while high I’ve found! That helps a bit, stick to fun happy things

9. curious80

curious80 Members

10. TanekRune

TanekRune Members

I'm not a psychologist myself, but I find when I start developing anxiety to things I don't mean to I'm generally told to talk myself through slow exposure. Breaking down the activity into parts and slowly working my way up until I notice the panic start. Then backing off and applying logic that whatever it is was isn't going to happen again. I might also suggest trying small doses of different strains to find ones that are less inclined to cause that upper effect. As when you get hyper or excitable, your brain likes to sometimes translate that to anxiety or panic. My brain unfortunately does this with certain kinds of coffee.